Re: [barsoom] A Trio of very cool worlds

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2009
      Check these out....

      Mars, a thousand years from now...

      http://www.worlddreambank.org/M/MRZ.HTM

      I'm very pleased by this, since it echoes a great many of my own breakdowns and conclusions of early Barsoom.  There's a few things here and there that differ.  But it's pretty close.   I'd particularly recommend this to Rick Johnson, a fellow world builder.

      Also, Venus, a thousand years from now

      http://www.worlddreambank.org/V/VENUS.HTM

      Actually, the timeline is screwy.  My guess is that it would take a few thousand  or tens of thousands of years of terraforming, at a minimum, to get Venus to this state.  But its not too bad a match for my versions of pulp Venus.  Mine is just a little drier, with more continental territory.

      Next up is Tharn, check out the place names.  They're very very familiar.

      http://www.worlddreambank.org/T/THARN.HTM

    • Rick Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2009
        drat! My work computer thinks they are 'adult' so blocked them. I'll have to check them out after I get home.

        Ex-gf asked me over last weekend to fix her dryer. And I'm going back tonight to repair her shed.

        Men think I am a jerk for doing that. Women think I am weonderful (no I will NOT fix your house unless you....).
        But it makes her bf jealous and feel incompetent next to me and THAT is always a bonus<g>.

        I amthinking of making ehr bf clean in and sround the shed as a gofer!

        Rick Johnson,
        PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
        geocities.com/RikJohnson39
        "Those who give up a little freedom in return for a little imagined security will soon find that they have neither!"

        Please note: message attached

        From: Den Valdron <dgvaldron@...>
        To: barsoom@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [barsoom] A Trio of very cool worlds