DUM-DUM Friday Report

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2008
      DUM-DUM Friday Report
      Sue-On and I arrived in Waterloo at midnight last night after driving 800 miles -- an all-day drive from Brandon, MB. Then went for a two-hour walk to stretch and check out the area around the Five Sullivans Convention Centre and Ramada.

      This morning we helped Linda Burroughs and daughters Dejah and Llana Jane sort out the boxes of collectibles they were donating to the BB auction on behalf of Danton and ERB, Inc., we went for a Ramada breakfast and then escorted them to the Huckster Room where they met all the ERB fans in attendance. We then helped them set up a long table display of their auction collectibles. Danton`s daughters spent much of the morning chatting with friends and fans and autographing the copies of Danton`s Ex-Libris (a beautiful collectible with art by Thomas Yeates) that they had coloured and printed just for the occasion.

      The Muckers` Jeopardy show went over really well and the enthusiastic moderators and contestants kept the audience well entertained.

      The Huckster room was buzzing all morning as devoted Burroughs fans old and new mingled and perused the wares and many of them moved next door to enjoy the film marathon of Tarzan movies.

      Later in the day, Mike Chapman led the delegates to his near-by wrestling museum, the contents of which that had been almost totally destroyed by the recent flood. Mike described how this once-spledid museum had looked before the flood -- a heartbreaking, horrific loss.

      The wrestling ring is still intact so JoN foolishly challenged Mike to a wrestling match . . . and was thoroughly whupped . . . and nearly tossed out of the ring. The massacre was recorded on film so watch for it to appear on the Internet in near future. The tour group left JoN unconscious in the middle of the ring and moved on to explore the many other rooms of the sprawling museum. They told me later that it was very impressive.

      A return to the Huckster room was followed by the gathering of much of the tribe at the hotel dining room where they supped and swapped tall tales before retiring. So great to meet our old friends again . . . wish all the List members could have been there.

      Bill (JoN) & Sue-On
      www.ERBzine.com
      www.Tarzan.com