PM Treatment

  • Rick Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      I can see two major problems with the PoM film so far.

      1) If you 'modernize' Dejah Thoris, you risk turning her into a Xena-clone, super strength, jumping over the heads of 15' tharks, cutting entire armies to bits, not needing a man for any reason save breeding on her terms.
      They did that to Xena, they did that to the heroines in the Resident Evil.. It seems like Hollywood makes women into either terrified teens who trip over a leaf when chased by a monster or some super-babe.
      Now I've done martial Arts and faced women and frankly,the ONLY reason they won was because I held back and didn't want to hurt them. Had that been a real fight, they'd be dead so movie heroines who fight andwin against all odds are as realistic as Xena.

      So DT is no longer someone anyone want to date. Really, do you want to chase and amrry some cynical bitch who spends 8 hours a day in the gym and who can beat the crap out of you when you forget to pick up your socks? I know that I'd not want that. I want a woman who can take care of herself but still is feminine and not even Samantha Carter of Stargate is feminine. No wonder she doesn't date.

      2) CGI Tharks run the rish of being giant men with muscles of steel. Every modern pic i see of a Green man shows him as if you took a human weightlifter, blew the pic to 400% on a photocopier then painted him green and added a couple extra arms.

      Really! If the Tharks were that buff, (and 15' tall) it would be totally impossible for ANY human to kill one. It would be like Andre the Giant facing Mini-Me from the Austin Powers films.

      So try for a bit more realism.

      Rick Johnson, PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
      geocities.com/DesertHenge
      geocities.com/RikJohnson_ERB
      geocities.com/RikJohnson_RLJ
      groups.yahoo.com/group/TucsonPaganPaddlers/

      Quit Smoking Help - Click Here.
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iierNTZ5ON0ku9Bfd8IdxjmIXaq0p05nRGBmZh7aU91H8jcq9/