Skip to search.

looking for a title

  • delicatedanwef1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2002
      can some one help me with this? looking for the title of a book
      edited by sam moskowitz [ spelling?]. it reprinted scientific
      romances originally printed in all-story or argosy pulp magss---for
      example 1 ] princess of mars by burroughs, 2] moon pool by abe
      merritt etc,etc----any help on this?-----ralph
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2002
        Under the Moons of Mars ed. Sam Moskowitz (Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1970, hc)
        . Preface . Sam Moskowitz . pr
        . Under the Moons of Mars [as by Norman Bean] . Edgar Rice Burroughs . n. All-Story Feb '12 (+5)
        . Darkness and Dawn [*Allen Stern; *Beatrice Kendrick] . George Allan England . n. Cavalier/Scrap Book Jan 6
        '12 (+3)
        . Polaris-of the Snows [*Polaris Janess] . Charles B. Stilson . na All-Story Weekly Dec 18 '15 (+2)
        . Palos of the Dog Star Pack [*Jason Croft] . J. U. Giesy . n. All-Story Weekly Jul 13 '18 (+4)
        . Friend Island . Francis Stevens . ss All-Story Weekly Sep 7 '18
        . The Moon Pool [*Walter Goodwin] . A. Merritt . na All-Story Weekly Jun 22 '18
        . The Girl in the Golden Atom [*Scientific Club] . Ray Cummings . na All-Story Weekly Mar 15 '19
        . The Mad Planet [*Burl] . Murray Leinster . na Argosy Weekly Jun 12 '20
        . The Blind Spot [*Spot] . Austin Hall & Homer Eon Flint . n. Argosy All-Story Weekly May 14 '21 (+5)
        . A History of "The Scientific Romance" in the Munsey Magazines, 1912-1920 . Sam Moskowitz . ar

        Bill Hillman ~ JoN

        ERBzin-e Weekly Online Fanzine
        http://home.westman.wave.ca/~hillmans/erbmg101.html
        Navigation Map to our ERB Cosmos
        http://home.westman.wave.ca/~hillmans/intromq1.html
        Fast Entry Portal to the Hillman ERB Tribute Sites
        http://www.mts.net/~hillmans/erbzine.html
        Bill and Sue-On Hillman Eclectic Studio

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2002
          In a message dated 05/07/2002 23:01:01, ggrasso06@... writes:

          << can some one help me with this? looking for the title of a book edited by
          sam moskowitz >>

          Ralph --

          I think you're looking for Sam's UNDER THE MOONS OF MARS (Holt, Rinehart,
          Winston, 1970).

          It also has excerpts from DARKNESS AND DAWN by George Allan England, POLARIS
          OF THE SNOWS by Charles B. Stilson, PALOS OF THE DOG STAR PACK by J. U.
          Giesy, and several others.

          Huck