[barsoom] suggestions for John Carter

  • Felipe Morales
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2002
      Hi all,
      Didn't think I would post anything. But since you all have wishful suggestions for John Carter flying about, I figure I might as well, also.
      I would have thought Mandy Pantinkin (Princess Bride) would do well, but he is too old.
      I would rather see Cary Elwes play JC, than Brendan Fraser. Remember any actor can dye his hair.
      ciao Felipe

      ... One person suggested for John
      Carter was Hugh jackman, who I think would do a great job, though he was
      second to some dude I don't know.
      John W

      Dear Members, i hate to come off as a racist however Dwayne Johnson
      as John Carter!John is just not black/afro-american .Do the story
      right . Hugh Jackman, Brendan Fraser,Russell Crowe , a young Michael
      Pare is much better.The swordplay would have to be great as well as
      the computer generated effects.The swordplay would best be replicated
      in the methods of the late 1800's ----moulinets, leg cuts, traversing
      etc., a real expert to be contacted by the producers could be maestro
      ramon martinez . what do listmembers think of the actors and fight
      directors ?----ralph
      I vote Hugh Jackman. He looks the part--he resembles the JC of the Marvel
      Comics adaptation, IMO--and is a good actor, and physically right ...
      John
      ...I like the idea of Brendan Fraser -- though Tangor (by phone last night)
      doesn't think he would do it because it would "typecast" him as a
      Burroughs-ish character...
      I don't care for Frasier in the role--he has a goofy look to him that fits
      The Mummy, but JC requires a serious demeanor.