Re: [barsoom] Re: Has nothing to do with anything.  OT

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29 9:10 PM
      In a message dated 29/8/06 14:53:29, xenophile2002@... writes:

      > Now, as to what she is saying, I looked it up.
      > ____________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________
      > yaa tsi tsup ari dik ari dull an dik ari dill an dits tan dool
      > la dippyduppy dull la roop uttyroopy la goorigan gook aya gittygangool
      > arup cha cha adippydappydill la baritztandill lan den lan doe
      > a barik kata barip pari baribadeebadeebadee standen lan doe
      > ya baril las ten lan day a doe la babadeadevadevadeva ya baril l
      > what is that little las day lan doe badakadagadaga doo doo day a doe

      Clear as mud.

    • Saroda Mara
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30 8:23 AM
        --- In barsoom, AQ Porter wrote:

        > Clear as mud.
        >
        > AQPorter

        Well, the original song is in Finnish, but it seems that this part
        isn't even Finnish. It is just sounds. It is like the "shoobie
        doobie doo wah" you would here on the oldies station. I can look up a
        translation of the lyrics for the song, if you'd like. But this part
        you hear on Leekspin won't translate, unless you want to translate it
        as "shoobie doobie doo wah," and that's the only part you hear on
        Leekspin.

        Hold on, I'll find it.
        <waiting>

        http://www.lyricsmania.com/lyrics/loituma_lyrics_8811/other_lyrics_28987/ievan_polkka_lyrics_316504.html

        The "yaa tsi tsup" part isn't listed there, again because it's just
        silly non-words.