Re: [barsoom] Re: Callisto and Shameless Self Promotion

    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 19, 2006
      You read them all? Naughty.

      Well yeah, exactly. Once you start trying to work out
      Pellucidars, it becomes kind of a challenge.

      The Zanthodon stuff...? Wait for it. I still have
      to do one Zanthodon essay. But the main one is done
      and sitting with Bill.

      --- Saroda Mara <xenophile2002@...> wrote:

      > Where are these Zanthodon articles?
      >
      > I read the Callisto stuff, and liked it. I did kind
      > of get the
      > feeling that you included a Thanator Pellucidar
      > because, well, you'd
      > done it for Barsoom and Amtor, so...
      >
      > Makes for an interesting world, though. Constant
      > lightning, giant
      > bugs, discharging mountains...

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Saroda Mara
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 20, 2006
        --- In barsoom, Den Valdron wrote:

        > You read them all? Naughty.

        But nice.

        > Well yeah, exactly. Once you start trying to work out Pellucidars,
        > it becomes kind of a challenge.

        You might have gotten away with saying...

        I'll wait until all the Callisto stuff is "officially" available.
        hee hee

        > The Zanthodon stuff...? Wait for it.

        <majel barret>WAITING...</majel barret>

        > I still have to do one Zanthodon essay. But the main one is done
        > and sitting with Bill.

        Looking forward to it. I'm currently re-reading the Pellucidar
        series. Might even write that thing on the homing instinct and
        language and stuff.
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 9, 2006
          I seem to have gone at it backwards, writing the tough
          Zanthodon essay (the linguistic connections) first.

          Here are the other two that are supposed to precede
          it.

          The first is a brief essay noting the literary
          resemblance between Zanthodon and Pellucidar.

          The second is about the literal resemblance, arguing
          effectively that Zanthodon is simply a part of
          Pellucidar.

          Hope you like them...

          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 9, 2006
            Ah darn! That was supposed to just go to Bill.

            http://mail.yahoo.com