ERBzine News: John Carter Film Update ~ Thipdar Sex Secrets Revealed ~ ECOF/Dum-Dum Cometh

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2006
      ERBzine News Today:
      www.ERBzine.com/news

      John Carter of Mars Movie Update:
      AIN'T IT COOL NEWS
      Interview with John Favreau: July 29, 2006
      http://aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=24012

      QUINT: What's going on with JOHN CARTER OF MARS?
      JON FAVREAU: I want it to be next. I just visited (Edgar Rice Burroughs') grandson and showed all the art work to him and they loved what we were doing. The fact that (IRON MAN) is a Paramount project and (JOHN CARTER) is a Paramount project, I'm really hoping I can sort of segue right from one into the other.

      QUINT: IRON MAN might make a good step between ZATHURA and JOHN CARTER.
      JON FAVREAU: I think it is. We'll see how much they want to do IRON MAN 2! Let's see how excited they get about Carter because I would do more of these, you know, but I really... You know, Carter has really turned into a labor of love. I really have grown to love that character and that franchise and I think we really broke the story and the visuals, so I'm ready to make that one. More>>>

      Thipdar Sex Secrets Revealed
      Flying reptile mystery 'solved'
      BBC News ~ July 27, 2006
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/sci/tech/5221862.stm
      UK scientists say they have solved the mystery of why prehistoric flying reptiles grew crests on their heads. A rare skull specimen found in Brazil shows the crest appeared at puberty, suggesting it was used to attract attention from the opposite sex. University of Portsmouth experts say pterosaurs, which ruled the air during the time of the dinosaurs, flaunted their headgear in sexual displays. "This is a significant find as it links the growth of the crest to physical maturity and therefore presumably to sex," said Dr Naish. More>>

      2006 ECOF and Clarence "Bob" Hyde Memorial Dum Dum Convention
      Rockville, Maryland ~ August 3-6, 2006
      www.ERBzine.com/dumdum

      This week's ERBzine Webzine has been published at:
      www.ERBzine.com/mag

      Bill Hillman
      www.ERBzine.com/news
      www.Tarzan.com