ERBzine News: Tarzan CD ~ Rosie swings by Tarzan ~ Hip Hop Tarzan has a problem

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006
      ERBzine News Today:
      www.ERBzine.com/news

      Tarzan the Broadway Musical Cast Album:
      An update from Disney Webmaster Eric Kratzer in NYC:
      We've just launched another Tarzan update that includes links to buy the cast album (from disney direct and the itunes music store).
      http://disney.go.com/disneytheatrical/tarzan/theshow-castalbum.html
      There is also a player that plays 30 second clips from every song on the cast album continuously. I think its very cool!
      Also, check out: this special for NewsDay subscribers.
      http://www.newsday.com/services/site/premium/ny-tarzan-contest,0,6221845.customform
      More>>>

      Rosie O'Donnell Swings By Tarzan
      Broadway.com ~ June 26, 2006
      http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Photo_Op.aspx?ci=532336
      She played the voice of Tarzan's pal Terk in the 1999 Disney animated film-and got to sing Phil Collins' catchy song "Trashin' the Camp"-so it made sense that Rosie O'Donnell would check out the live-action version of her fun-loving character. O'Donnell took in a matinee performance of Tarzan on June 25 at Broadway's Richard Rodgers Theatre, then went backstage to congratulate the cast. Broadway.com joined the hugfest.

      Fresh Daily: Moving Forward
      BallerStatus.net ~ June 28, 2006
      http://www.ballerstatus.net/features/read/id/76864935/
      The name Tarzan probably conjures images of a damn near naked white man swinging on vines through the jungle. But flip that image, throw in a dope emcee and hip-hop
      in the mix and you'll get ill Tarzan; the self-proclaimed epitome of Brooklyn boom-bap who's been rocking on the underground circuit for 7 years . . . may have been getting
      too much notoriety. So much so, that the family of Edgar Rice Burroughs -- the original writer of the Tarzan book series -- is presenting him with legal drama, forcing him to
      change his name from ill Tarzan to Fresh Daily. . . . The family of Edgar Rice Burroughs gets millions of dollars every year for that name in plays, books, amusement parks,
      soundtracks, movies, and the television series. They realized that I was doing something under that name and they weren't seeing any money from it, so they had to shut
      me down. More>>>

      More at:
      www.ERBzine.com/news

      Bill Hillman
      Editor and Webmaster for the ERB, Inc. Group of Websites and Webzines:
      www.Tarzan.com
      www.Tarzan.org
      www.JohnColemanBurroughs.com