Why a John Carter Movie is a Good idea.

  • dotenj
    Message 1 of 35 , May 1 7:37 AM
      Why a John Carter Movie is a Good idea.

      * Because it draws attention to ERB and his great work (s)

      * Literary fantasy is box office and the results have been true to the source these days, -
      Lord the Rings, Narnia, Harry Potter. And there's more coming, The Golden Compass ( love
      those books ) a don't know what else, I can't keep track. And John Carter of Mars will
      make money `cause it will be so cool

      * Fav's wants a period piece. His green martians are 15 feet tall. He doesn't need to
      explain the hell out of how JC got there. This is all good.

      * Because this is now a directors project, not a studio project.

      * There will be more books to buy and of course yet another edition of A Princes of Mars
      to put beside the others on my shelf.

      * Because everyone thought Lord of the Rings would suck.

      * Because the new Star Wars did.

      * Because when I saw Star Wars ( the first ) I had just read a Princess of Mars and I
      thought, "that's wonderful ! Now film Princess !"

      * Because, like the rest of us, the Star Wars fans need more daring do in their lives.

      * Because just having a Flash Gordon movie ( it's been kicking around a while ) isn't good
      enough. That was a rip off with lion men for gods sake, instead of Green Martians.

      * Green Martians. `Nuf said.

      * Deja Thoris.

      * Running Thoat ! ( for a friend )

      * I want to buy my daughter a stuffed `Woola.'

      * Because my life will be enriched as I drive around listening to the sound track of John
      Carter of Mars on my way to by the Art of John Carter of Mars after staring at my John
      Carter of Mars movie poster in my studio and fussing about where I can find the Green
      Martian on Thoat toy because it's sold out and wondering about casting on The Gods of
      Mars. Oh, and watching the multi-disk DVD daily until my wife brings in professional help.
      And they watch it with me.

      Let's hear it for the Barsoomians ! Battle Cry " We Will Not Die !" -Jeff Doten

      Jeff Doten's Illustration Studio and the Fire Gods of Venus Project
      http://www.jeffdoten.com
    • jeffdnt@mac.com
      Message 35 of 35 , May 4 4:31 PM
        Yea, my concern is that he makes movies in 3 weeks.... - Jeff