Thuvia glossary

  • Fredrik Ekman
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 1999
      While on the subject of the glossary at the end of Thuvia, does anyone
      know who wrote it? It certainly is comprehensive, but it contains
      absolutely no new information that I can think of. So, was it ERB himself
      or some editor with too little to do? In the latter case, did ERB approve
      the information before publication?

      It may or may not be significant that the glossary is missing from some
      editions.

      /F
    • Fredrik Ekman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2000
        Since my previous question about the glossary at the end of Thuvia
        received no reply, I have conceived another:

        In my 1962 ACE paperback copy of Thuvia (which claims to follow the text
        of the first hard-cover edition), the glossary is not present. Is this a
        mistake on the part of ACE? If not, in what edition did the glossary first
        appear?

        (I still have this suspicion that ERB may not have written that glossary.
        If that be the case, then the glossary cannot be used as an canonical
        source.)

        /F