Re: Movie News

  • xenophile2002
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 15, 2002
      Verrrry eeeen-teresting! I'm starting to think that it might
      actually be made this time. I... hope that's a good thing.

      Xenophile, Optimist (sorta)
    • thongor1
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 15, 2002
        Hey, it could happen. Lord of the Rings certainly turned out well.
        Let's keep our fingers crossed anyway.
      • keithbvaughn
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16, 2002
          Hi Thongor,

          I think LOTR is the reason this movie may happen. Barsoom is a planet
          stretched to its limit and in a state of constant war with merciless
          inhabitants--Not standard Disney fare. I hope the producers keep the
          magnificient scope of LOTR in mind when they do John Carter of Mars,
          it should turn out right then.

          Keith

          (I just had a nightmare vision of paramont trying to do: John Carter
          and the Giant of Mars!!!!!!!!!!!!)
        • thongor1
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 17, 2002
            I agree Keith, and in fact I had made the statement right after
            seeing box office on LOTR that studios would start scrambling for
            fantasy material and that I hoped Barsoom would be one of the
            properties chosen.
            Looks like we might actually get a movie this time.

            Charles

            (P.S. That would be a nightmare indeed.)