Re: Movie News

  • thongor1
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 14, 2002
      And another link. Same story. More info.

      http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?
      tmpl=story&ncid=600&e=3&cid=600&u=/variety/20020412/film_variety/film_
      mars_dc_1
    • xenophile2002
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 15, 2002
        Verrrry eeeen-teresting! I'm starting to think that it might
        actually be made this time. I... hope that's a good thing.

        Xenophile, Optimist (sorta)
      • thongor1
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 15, 2002
          Hey, it could happen. Lord of the Rings certainly turned out well.
          Let's keep our fingers crossed anyway.
        • keithbvaughn
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 16, 2002
            Hi Thongor,

            I think LOTR is the reason this movie may happen. Barsoom is a planet
            stretched to its limit and in a state of constant war with merciless
            inhabitants--Not standard Disney fare. I hope the producers keep the
            magnificient scope of LOTR in mind when they do John Carter of Mars,
            it should turn out right then.

            Keith

            (I just had a nightmare vision of paramont trying to do: John Carter
            and the Giant of Mars!!!!!!!!!!!!)
          • thongor1
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 17, 2002
              I agree Keith, and in fact I had made the statement right after
              seeing box office on LOTR that studios would start scrambling for
              fantasy material and that I hoped Barsoom would be one of the
              properties chosen.
              Looks like we might actually get a movie this time.

              Charles

              (P.S. That would be a nightmare indeed.)