OT: Hobbits found!

  • Javier
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 6:47 AM
      Sorry to post this here but I do not belong to any other SF or Fantasy
      groups other than ERB ones.

      I was reading National geographic. Anthropologists have found the
      remains of 3ft tall humans on an the Island of Flores in Indonesia.
      These little people apparantly are a derivative of Homo Erectus and
      lived up until 18K years ago. They believe they actually may have had
      encounters with modern Humans. The scientific name for this new
      species of man is Homo Floresnis. They nicknamed them Hobbits.
      Interestingly enough these "Hobbits" as in JRR's worls also had to
      contend with Dragons. Kimodo Dragons that is :)

      Cheers
    • universal1222
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2 7:59 AM
        I read an article in Time on the subject that caught my attention.
        View it at:

        time.com/time/archive/preview/0,10987,110141108-749406,00.html?...

        See a picture of the creatures skull compared to that of a human at:

        www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?story-4127713-

        Or if these links lead you nowhere, just go to the site itself and
        search the archives. My opinion on the subject is that this is truly
        a REMARKABLE FIND. If ERB were alive today he would be ASTOUNDED.

        The 'Hobbits" of Flores Island unquestiongly relate to ERBs
        work. "Tarzan and the Antmen" are what come to mind as well as those
        little Japanese pygmys in "The Red Hawk.

        Cheers Indeed!

        RV
      • universal1222