ERBzine: ERB/Zane Grey II ~ Phil Burger Series ~ Carl Sagan ~ Thark Gallery 8 ~ ~ Tarzan & Leopard Woman ~ Martian 10 ~ Man-Eater ~ BB Index

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2005
      Bill Hillman's ERBzine:
      Official Edgar Rice Burroughs Tribute & Online Fanzine Site
      Since 1996 ~ Over 4,000 Webpages in Archive
      www.erbzine.com/mag
      April 1 - 7, 2005
      =============================
      THIS WEEK'S ERBzine CONTENTS
      =============================
      FEATURE 1: ERBzine 1295
      =============================
      The ERB/Zane Grey Connection: Pt. 2 of 4
      The lives and careers of these two
      all-time great bestselling authors
      are juxtaposed in our new 4-part series.
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag12/1295.html

      ======================
      FEATURE 2: ERBzine 1410
      ======================
      News from the Neocene
      by Phillip R. Burger
      The Introduction to a New Series
      Scholarship and Observations
      From the Burroughs Bulletin . . . and Beyond
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag14/1410.html

      =======================
      FEATURE 3: ERBzine 1384
      ======================
      ERB Fan Tribute: Carl Sagan
      "I can remember as a child reading with breathless fascination
      the Mars novels of Edgar Rice Burroughs. . . ."
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag13/1384.html
      ======================
      FEATURE 4: ERBzine 1397
      ======================
      Tars Tarkas and Green Martian Gallery 8
      Scores of interpretations of Thark appearances
      by the best-known ERB artists
      The 8th of a 8 Part Series
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag13/1397.html

      ======================
      FEATURE 5: ERBzine 1382
      ======================
      Colour Trading Cards Series:
      Tarzan and the Leopard Woman
      Starring
      Johnny Weissmuller and Maureen O'Sullivan
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag13/1382.html

      ===========================
      FEATURE 6 UPDATE: ERBzine 0071
      =============================
      Man-Eaters! by Edgar Rice Burroughs
      Sunday Magazine of the Los Angeles Times - August 22, 1937
      "Unpredictable." That's what the father of Tarzan has to say about lions --
      and cites facts that will chill your blood to prove it.
      Text, photo, and scan of actual newspaper story
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag0/0071.html
      Scan:
      http://www.johncolemanburroughs.com/doc/370822.gif

      ====================================
      FEATURE 7 ERBzine Burroughs Bibliophile Site
      ====================================
      presents
      The lastest addition to George McWhorter's BB Index
      www.ERBzine.com/mag6/0650.html
      The contents of the upcoming release:
      Burroughs Bulletin No. 63:
      Tarzan and the Forbidden City Edition
      www.ERBzine.com/bb

      =====================
      FEATURE 8: ERBzine 1388
      =====================
      From Danton's John Coleman Burroughs Site
      http://www.johncolemanburroughs.com/
      The much-sought-after adaptation of
      The Martian: ERB's A Princess of Mars
      Featured in England's SUN in 1958
      Each week we will offer a new installment at the
      Contents Page:
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag13/1388.html
      Installment 10
      http://www.johncolemanburroughs.com/sun/jc10a.jpg

      ===========================
      FEATURE 9 update: ERBzine 0061
      ===========================
      "TARZAN" by J. D. VAN DER MERWE
      of DUIVELS-KLOOF, TRANSVAAL, SOUTH AFRICA
      from the British True-Life Adventures Pulp Magazine
      WIDE WORLD - July, 1946
      "A South African hunter's account of a decidedly hectic experience."
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag0/0061.html

      Keep in mind that our opening ERBzine page
      and the above Archive rooms each have
      an onsite GOOGLE Search function
      devoted to searches just for the ERBzine Website.
      Put in your keyword(s) and
      a list of all the pages containing those words will appear.

      Also note that each ERBzine Centennium
      (our Webpages are gathered in groups of 100)
      opens with a page sorting the contents by theme and
      ends with a page listing the contents chronologically.

      *************************
      NEXT WEEK: April 8 -14, 2005
      ERB/Zane Grey Connection: Part 3 of 4 Parts
      Phil Burger's News from the Neocene:
      Some thoughts on The Return of the Mucker
      Motes and Quotes Newzine for April
      Bob Hyde's Odyssey of a Tarzan FANatic

      COMING SOON ~ IN THE WINGS
      News from the Neocene series by Phil Burger
      The ERB/Zane Grey Connection Series
      General Charles King Illustrated Bio and Biblio
      Bob Hyde's African Safari 1992
      Bob Hyde's Gallery of Comics: Tarzan in Paris
      ERB Newspaper Clippings
      Profile Tribute on Stan Vinson
      A Princess of Mars: A Graphic Novel Adapted and Illustrated by James Spratt
      Bomba the Jungle Boy: The Tarzan Connection Part II
      Hal Foster: Mysterious Maiden II Comics Summary
      ERB and Buffalo Bill at the Chicago 1893 Columbian Exposition
      ERB Letters

      Submissions and Comments are always welcome:
      erbzine@...

      ERBzine Weekly Online Fanzine
      www.ERBzine.com
      Hillman ERB Cosmos Archive: +4,000 Web pages
      www.ERBzine.com/all
      Visit the ERB, Inc. Websites at:
      www.Tarzan.com