Apts: long or short-necked?

  • barnstormer4
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
      I'm working on a drawing of a Barsoomian apt, but I'm still confused
      about whether they are long-necked or short-necked. I welcome
      suggestions. Thank you.

      --Barnstormer
    • Shawn Dueck
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
        Glad you liked the 'Deja' pic. As for the apt, my
        mental image has been biased by Whelan's depiction. I
        just finished reading Warlord of Mars again a couple
        of weeks ago. I believe ERB uses the phrase 'long,
        massive neck' at least once in describing the apt.
        This same phrase is used in describing the Thoat, yet
        Whelan notwithsanding, I never imagined the apt's
        neck being as long as the thoat's. Check out Jeff
        Doten's apt at his website.
        --- barnstormer4 <barnstormer4@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------

        I'm working on a drawing of a Barsoomian apt, but I'm
        still confused
        about whether they are long-necked or short-necked. I
        welcome
        suggestions. Thank you.

        --Barnstormer

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Terms of Service.

      • barnstormer4
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
          --- In barsoom@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Dueck <archangelofmars@y...>
          wrote:
          > Glad you liked the 'Deja' pic. As for the apt, my
          > mental image has been biased by Whelan's depiction. I
          > just finished reading Warlord of Mars again a couple
          > of weeks ago. I believe ERB uses the phrase 'long,
          > massive neck' at least once in describing the apt.
          > This same phrase is used in describing the Thoat, yet
          > Whelan notwithsanding, I never imagined the apt's
          > neck being as long as the thoat's. Check out Jeff
          > Doten's apt at his website.

          Forgive me, but I'm not familiar with Whelan's depiction of an apt.
          Would Jeff Doten's depiction be the same as Whelan's?

          By the way, I'd like to upload my depiction of an apt when I complete
          the drawing, if you don't mind.

          --Barnstormer