ERBzine: Gods of Mars Log I ~ ERB Expo ~ ERB 4 Crucial Years ~ Stan Vinson ~ Library Conc. ~ Wayne James ~ Web Links ~ Tarzana 1921

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2005
      Bill Hillman's ERBzine:
      Official Edgar Rice Burroughs Tribute & Online Fanzine Site
      Since 1996 ~ Over 4,000 Webpages in Archive
      www.erbzine.com/mag
      January 7 - 13, 2005

      =============================
      THIS WEEK'S ERBzine CONTENTS
      =============================
      FEATURE 1: ERBzine 1289
      ======================
      Hillman Log Notes Series
      THE GODS OF MARS Pt. 1 of 2
      Study Guide for Fans, Teachers & Researchers
      These log notes sequentially pinpoint the
      important events throughout the novel.
      The information is presented in the form of
      425 Questions and Answers.
      The answers are invisible until the reader drags his mouse
      across the screen which highlights the hidden answer text.
      Each chapter title bar has links to the actual novel text
      Part I: http://www.erbzine.com/mag12/1289.html

      ======================
      FEATURE 2: ERBzine 1285
      ======================
      Ed Burroughs' Remarkable Summer of '93
      Chicago World's Fair: Columbian Exposition
      Chapter 11: Appendix and Web Refs
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag12/1285.html
      Fair Souvenirs
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag12/1285s.html

      ======================
      FEATURE 3: ERBzine 1340
      ======================
      Travelling Down the ERB Highway
      Four Crucial Years
      In The Life Of Edgar Rice Burroughs ~ Part 1 of 4
      by R.E. Prindle
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag13/1340.html

      ======================
      FEATURE 4: ERBzine 1301
      ======================
      ERB's A Princess of Mars
      Illustrated by James Killian Spratt
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag13/1301.html
      Project Mid-Way Announcement:
      Computer Enhancements have been made to
      the colours of every frame from Chapters 1-14 and
      Story frames are displayed in a larger all-new format.

      =======================
      FEATURE 5: ERBzine 1185
      =======================
      From the John Coleman Burroughs Tribute Site:
      News Clippings from Around the World:
      A BURROUGHS BIBLIO-PRO-PHILE
      Stanleigh Vinson
      Dean of ERB Collectors in the News
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag11/1185.html

      ===================================
      FEATURES 6:
      ===================================
      THE PERSONAL LIBRARY COLLECTION
      of Edgar Rice Burroughs
      !!! CONCLUSION !!!
      Collated and Researched by Bill Hillman
      From the Danton Burroughs Collection
      An Illustrated Compilation of over
      1,100 Books in the ERB Library
      Amassed through the years ~ 1875-1950
      Presented in Over 80 Colossal Web Pages
      with thousands of images and
      zillions of pages to print out.
      Accompanied by Research Culled from
      Personal Libraries and Online Sources
      http://www.ERBzine.com/dan
      ====================================
      THIS WEEK'S RESEARCH FEATURE
      We feature the "XYZ Shelves" from the ERB Library
      From: Marching on Tanga by F. Brett Young
      To: Marie Antoinette: The Portrait of an Average Woman by Stefan Zweig
      Including top ten listings of the best-selling books of
      the early 20th Century
      http://www.erbzine.com/dan/xyz1.html

      ==============================
      UPDATE FEATURE 8: ERBzine 1349
      =============================
      My Collection: The Special Treasures
      by Wayne "Tintin" James
      Part VI of the Wayne James Biblio-Pro-Phile
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag13/1349.html

      =============================
      UPDATE FEATURE 9: ERBzine 1041
      =============================
      ERB's Timeshift Adventure
      Back to Tarzana 1921
      has been expanded with memories of his
      Remarkable Summer of 1893:
      The Chicago World's Fair & Columbian Exposition
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag10/1041.html

      ==============================
      UPDATE FEATURE 10: ERBzine Links
      ==============================
      Web Links
      A giant list of Website URLs
      that should be of interest to fans of
      ERB, SF, Fantasy Art, Adventure, Media, etc.
      http://www.erbzine.com/all/links.html

      NEXT WEEK: January 14 - 20, 2005
      Hillman Log Notes Series: The Gods of Mars II
      Four Crucial Years of ERB I by R. E. Prindle
      Barsoom Art and Fan Fiction
      Barsoom Art
      Burroughs News Clips

      COMING SOON ~ IN THE WINGS
      Hillman Log Notes Series
      Four Crucial Years of ERB II by R. E. Prindle
      A Princess of Mars: A Graphic Novel Adapted and Illustrated by James Spratt
      Bob Hyde's Odyssey of a Tarzan FANatic 1991
      Bob Hyde's African Safari 1992
      Bob Hyde's Gallery of Comics: Tarzan in Paris
      ERB Newspaper Clippings
      Profile Tribute on Stan Vinson
      Mars Fan Fiction
      Articles by R. E. Prindle
      Bomba the Jungle Boy: The Tarzan Connection Part II
      Hal Foster: Mysterious Maiden II Comics Summary
      ERB and Buffalo Bill at the Chicago 1893 Columbian Exposition
      General Charles King
      ERB Letters

      Submissions and Comments are always welcome:
      erbzine@...

      ERBzine Weekly Online Fanzine
      www.ERBzine.com
      Hillman ERB Cosmos Archive: +4,000 Web pages
      www.ERBzine.com/all