Re: [barsoom] Carson of Venus

  • steveseg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2004
      In a message dated 11/12/2004, kingofthemorlocks@... writes:

      I saw a couple of the Carson of Venus novels online and wondered how
      they compare to ERB's Barsoom novels. Any good? Should I include
      them on my Christmas list?
      In my humble opinion, Yes! Especially "Pirates" and "Lost." Perhaps the best
      duology Burroughs ever wrote.

      Thoar

    • Fredrik Ekman
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2004
        The first book, Pirates, is excellent. Then they go gradually down in
        quality. The final story, Wizard, is quite terrible. But I recommend the
        first two or three ones. After that you may as well read the rest too,
        just to complete the series...

        Fredrik