ERBzine: Ed & MMA at Expo '93 plus Stereoviews ~ Spratt's Illustrated Princess Ch. 2~ ERB Library F ~ ERB 1934 Article ~ OkaR&R

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2004
      Bill Hillman's ERBzine:
      Official Edgar Rice Burroughs Tribute & Webzine Site
      Since 1996 ~ Over 3,000 Webpages in Archive
      www.erbzine.com/mag
      October 8 -14, 2004
      =============================
      THIS WEEK'S ERBzine CONTENTS
      =============================
      FEATURE 1: ERBzine No. 1276
      =============================
      Ed Burroughs' Remarkable Summer of '93 Continues:
      Invasion of the Boys from Orchard Lake
      Part of the Hillman Book-Length Docu-Fiction Book
      Inspired by the ERB Library Project
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag12/1276.html
      ==================================
      FEATURE 2: ERBzine 1303
      ==================================
      An All-New Graphic Interpretation of
      ERB's A Princess of Mars
      by James Killian Spratt
      Ch. 2: The Escape Of The Dead
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag13/1303.html
      continued from last week's Ch. 1
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag13/1302.html
      ===================================
      FEATURE 3: ERBzine No. 1276s
      ===================================
      Ed Burroughs' Remarkable Summer of '93 Continues:
      Over 40 Images of Chicago Columbian Exposition 1893
      in 3-Dimensional Stereoview Cards
      Part of the Hillman Book-Length Docu-Fiction Book
      Inspired by the ERB Library Project
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag12/1276s.html
      ===================================
      FEATURE 4 - 7:
      ===================================
      THE PERSONAL LIBRARY COLLECTION
      of Edgar Rice Burroughs
      !!! CONTINUES !!!
      Collated and Researched by Bill Hillman
      From the Danton Burroughs Collection
      An Illustrated Compilation of over
      1,100 Books in the ERB Library
      Amassed through the years ~ 1875-1950
      Presented in Over 70 Colossal Web Pages
      with thousands of images and
      zillions of pages to print out.
      Accompanied by Research Culled from
      Personal Libraries and Online Sources
      http://www.ERBzine.com/dan
      ====================================
      THIS WEEK'S RESEARCH FEATURE
      We feature the "F Shelves" from the ERB Library
      From
      Flaming Youth by Warner Fabian
      Let 'Er Buck by Charles Wellington Furlong
      Shelf F1 ~ Shelf F2 ~ Shelf F3 ~ Shelf F4
      http://www.erbzine.com/dan/f1.html
      http://www.erbzine.com/dan/f2.html
      http://www.erbzine.com/dan/f3.html
      http://www.erbzine.com/dan/f4.html

      ================================
      FEATURE 8: ERBzine 1184
      ================================
      From the Danton and John Coleman Burroughs Archive
      Reprinted from Danton's Tarzana Treasure Vaults
      http://www.JohnColemanBurroughs.com
      Edgar Rice Burroughs:
      Creator of Tarzan
      By Margaret Romer
      Overland Monthly and Outwest Magazine ~ March 1934
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag11/1184.html
      ===============================
      FEATURE 9: ERBzine 1166
      ===============================
      OKAR&R MISSIONS LOG
      (Rescue & Respite ~ Rest & Recreation)
      OKAR'n'R: A unique ERB Fan event
      which provides rest and recreation
      for ERB adventurers who find themselves lost, stranded or under attack
      while travelling in the wild northern regions of Okar - the Forbidden Land.
      Our latest report is on the September 2004 Denby-Kiatuk rescue
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag11/1166.html
      =================================
      FEATURE 10: Update ERBzine 0219
      =================================
      The Lost Words of ERB Index
      A comprehensive list of Articles and Short Stories
      by and about Edgar Rice Burroughs
      Complete with links to many of
      the actual text and illustrations in ERBzine
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag2/0219.html
      ===================================
      Plus
      See all the latest breaking news in the ERB Cosmos at:
      www.ERBzine.com/news
      Plus
      SWAG: A free service for ERB fans and sellers:
      www.ERBzine.com/swag

      =================================
      NEXT WEEK: October 15 - 23, 2004
      Chapter 3 of Spratt's Illustrated Interpretation of A Princess of Mars
      2 Giant Web Pages Exploring
      the "G Shelves" of the ERB Personal Library
      200 Books from the ERB Library in Downloadable e-Text
      JCB's views on the melding of art and science
      Players and Moves for Jetan-Sarang by James Killian Spratt

      COMING SOON ~ IN THE WINGS
      ERB Newspaper Clippings
      Profile Tribute on Stan Vinson
      A Princess of Mars: A Graphic Novel Adapted and Illustrated by James Spratt
      Bomba the Jungle Boy: The Tarzan Connection Part II
      Hal Foster: Mysterious Maiden II Comics Summary
      ERB and Buffalo Bill at the Chicago 1893 Columbian Exposition
      General Charles King
      JCB Honors Project Summary: The Melding of Art and Science
      ERB Letters
      JCB's Sabre Tooth Honors Project
      Submissions and Comments are always welcome:
      erbzine@...

      ERBzine Weekly Online Fanzine
      www.ERBzine.com
      Hillman ERB Cosmos Archive: +3,000 Web pages
      www.ERBzine.com/all
      Swag: For Fans & Sellers
      www.ERBzine.com/swag

    • Terry Klasek
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
        KAOR!!

        I just finished read a collection of Sherlock Holmes stories, and that is
        just what it was until I got to the last story in the book. All the stories
        take place during The Great Hiatus of 1891 to 1894.

        Many of the short novels and short store are very good and high rememberable
        it is the last story that proved the value of the book! Here is the book
        data:

        Sherlock Holmes: The Hidden Years
        Edited by Michael Kurland
        St. Martin's Press
        ISBN 0-312-31513-9

        The last story:
        God of the Naked Unicorn
        by Richard Lupoff
        reprinted from: Fantastic magazine August 1976

        Dr. Watson is hired by "The Woman" Irene Adler, who turns out to be Pat
        Savage. he teams up with Doc Savage to find, and rescue, a kidnapped
        Sherlock Holmes and Tarzan of the Apes.

        Doc, in the Arctic "Fortress of Solitude" is the current head of a "League
        of Protectors started by D'Artagnan. members assembled in the "Fortress are:
        Richard Benson - The Avenger
        Kent Allard - The Shadow
        Gordon - Yale '34 "The Flash"
        Curtis Newton - Captain Future
        John Carter, former Captain of Confederate Cavalry
        David Innes of Connecticut and the Empoire of Pellucidar
        Richard Wentworth - The Spider
        Jethro Dumont - The Green Lama

        Members who are missing via kidnapped
        Sir John Clayton - Lodt Greystoke aka Tarzan of the Apes
        Sherlock Holmes - Consulting Detective

        A fast trip around the world in an autogyro chasing an evil villian who has
        catured Holmes and Tarzan helps this story flash by. A rare parody of
        excellant quality! I enjoyed it more that I liked Farmer's "Peerless Peer."

        The hardcover is to be found on E-Bay, and was published ovember 2004. The
        original magazine may be found although I have not looked for it yet. So all
        you completists out there - GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!