An ideal live-action Dejah Thoris!

  • David Edward Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10 10:02 PM
      Have any of you seen the new cop show HAWAII? The only actress in the
      cast, Aya Sumika, is drop dead exotic gorgeous!
      http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Hawaii/bios/Aya_Sumika.shtml
      http://www.nbc.com/Hawaii/photo/7.html
      http://www.nbc.com/Hawaii/photo/18.html

      Trained as a ballerina at Juillard, this is her first real role in TV
      or film. The photos on the NBC site give a good idea of her face but
      not her body. But from the nude scene she had in the pilot, that's
      pretty good too.
    • keithbvaughn
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11 7:36 AM
        Kaor, She definitly looks exotic and quite beautiful. As far as the
        body goes, remember Dejah Thoris was describes as having the body of
        an eighteen year old and this was a time when girls didn't sexually
        mature until sixteen years old. In other words she should not
        be "fully bloomed" as I see in too many pictures of Dejah Thoris.

        Keith

        --- In barsoom@yahoogroups.com, "David Edward Martin"
        <davidedwardmartin@y...> wrote:
        > Have any of you seen the new cop show HAWAII? The only actress in
        the
        > cast, Aya Sumika, is drop dead exotic gorgeous!
        > http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Hawaii/bios/Aya_Sumika.shtml
        > http://www.nbc.com/Hawaii/photo/7.html
        > http://www.nbc.com/Hawaii/photo/18.html
        >
        > Trained as a ballerina at Juillard, this is her first real role in
        TV
        > or film. The photos on the NBC site give a good idea of her face
        but
        > not her body. But from the nude scene she had in the pilot, that's
        > pretty good too.
      • David Edward Martin
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11 8:12 AM
          "...remember Dejah Thoris ... should not be "fully bloomed" as I see
          in too many pictures of Dejah Thoris.
          --Keith"

          Agreed! That is why her background as a ballerina strikes me as an
          important qualification.
          By the way, anyone remember MAREN JENSEN from Battlestar Galactics?
          In a hypothetical late-70s film version of PRINCESS, I'd have gone
          with her as Dejah.
          And if the new version is ready for a couple more years! KRISTEN KREUK!
        • Javier
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2004
            I vote for Jessica Alba