Frank Cho's Dejah Thoris drawings

  • David Edward Martin
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
      Not sure if anyone is familiar with Frank Cho. He's the cartoonist
      responsible for the wonderful, woefully-underappreciated comic strip
      LIBERTY MEADOWS. He's also a pretty decent illustrator of other
      fields.
      Of interest to you folks would be his drawings of the incomparable
      Dejah Thoris.
      http://www.libertymeadows.com/gallery/index.htm

      Scroll down and you'll find 11 "Mars" drawings--
      Mars Dejah and Two Pets
      Mars Dejah recline
      Mars Dejah repose
      Mars girl on horse
      Page 05 Mars Dejah with Woolah
      Page 06 Mars Dejah repose
      Page 07 Mars Dejah vs Green
      Page 08 Mars Master.jpg
      Page 09 Mars slave.jpg
      Page 10 Mars Dejah with ax
      Page 11 Mars Fight
    • thongor1
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2004
        Thanks for the link. I'd seen some of Cho's Mars artwork before, but
        there are a couple of new ones (to me) there.

        Charles
      • Terry Klasek
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2004
          on 9/4/04 06:38 AM, thongor1 at crrut@... wrote:

          > Thanks for the link. I'd seen some of Cho's Mars artwork before, but
          > there are a couple of new ones (to me) there.
          >
          > Charles
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          KAOR!!

          Great art work (what I got to see of it)!

          The page opened up, but I had no way to scroll down the page to view the
          rest of the illustrations! Thus NO Dejah Thoris! Snif snif!

          Any advice how see all the illos????

          Thank you kindly!

          Terryt Alan Klasek
          Saint Louis, Missouri
        • Jim Clunie
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2004
            >From: Terry Klasek <taklasek@...>

            >KAOR!!
            >
            >Great art work (what I got to see of it)!
            >
            >The page opened up, but I had no way to scroll down the page to view the
            >rest of the illustrations! Thus NO Dejah Thoris! Snif snif!
            >
            >Any advice how see all the illos????
            >
            >Thank you kindly!

            Did you get a navigation bar at the left with thumbnails of different
            sketches? Click on each thumbnail pic to open the full size drawing, or
            scroll down the list. There's only one illustration per page.

            Cheers
            Jim C

            Smart Saving with ING Direct � earn 5.25% p.a. variable rate:
            http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;7249209;8842331;n?http://www.ingdirect.com.au/burst6offer.asp?id=8
          • Terry Klasek
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2004
              on 9/4/04 09:28 AM, Jim Clunie at jim_clunie@... wrote:

              >> From: Terry Klasek <taklasek@...>
              >
              >> KAOR!!
              >>
              >> Great art work (what I got to see of it)!
              >>
              >> The page opened up, but I had no way to scroll down the page to view the
              >> rest of the illustrations! Thus NO Dejah Thoris! Snif snif!
              >>
              >> Any advice how see all the illos????
              >>
              >> Thank you kindly!
              >
              > Did you get a navigation bar at the left with thumbnails of different
              > sketches? Click on each thumbnail pic to open the full size drawing, or
              > scroll down the list. There's only one illustration per page.
              >
              > Cheers
              > Jim C

              > Smart Saving with ING Direct – earn 5.25% p.a. variable rate:
              > http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;7249209;8842331;n?http://www.ingdirect.com.au
              > /burst6offer.asp?id=8
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              KAOR!!

              There were five illustration to the left, but no bar for scrolling down. I
              use a Macintosh so i have one clicker and no roller for scrolling.

              Thanks a lot!

              Terry
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 6, 2004
                In a message dated 3/9/04 22:18:18, davidedwardmartin@... writes:

                > Not sure if anyone is familiar with Frank Cho.  He's the cartoonist
                > responsible for the wonderful, woefully-underappreciated comic strip LIBERTY
                > MEADOWS.  He's also a pretty decent illustrator of other fields.
                > Of interest to you folks would be his drawings of the incomparable Dejah
                > Thoris.
                > http://www.libertymeadows.com/gallery/index.htm

                David --

                Frank is a member of the National Capital Panthans, our local
                (DC-Maryland-Virginia) chapter of the Burroughs Bibliophiles. Many of these illustrations
                originally appeared in the NATIONAL CAPITAL PANTHAN JOURNAL, our monthly
                chapbook of contributions from members which is assembled at the end of each
                meeting.

                AQPorter (Unofficial Secretary, National Capital Panthans)