Mammals

  • Saroda Mara
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 19, 2004
      A little nitpic here.

      --- In barsoom, jhuckenp wrote:

      <snip>

      > classification is based on the number of limbs -- quadropeds,
      > hexapods (the green men, the white apes, sorak, ulsio, etc.),

      Green men, white apes, you betcha. Are we ever told how many legs the
      ulsio and sorak have?

      > octopods (banths, etc.), and decapods (thoats, calots, etc.)

      octopods (thoats) and decapods (calots, banths)

      > AQPorter

      Xenophile (sorry, not trying to be the smartest kid in class, I've
      been here long enough to know I'm not, but it was gnawing at me, don't
      know why)
    • Rick Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 19, 2004
        sorok, no.

        But I recall in "Gianto f Mars" which really sucks, there was an Ulsio civiolization with rituals and sch and there was a mention of 'cutting of 2 of its ** legs" but I don't remember the number and i have been trying t opurge that novel from my memory.

        *****
        Rick Johnson
        PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
        http://www.geocities.com/DesertHenge or geocities.com/RikJohnson69

        Please note: message attached

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 19, 2004
          In a message dated 19/8/04 14:59:34, xenophile2002@... writes:

          > Are we ever told how many legs the ulsio and sorak have?

          Six. (Except in GIANT where a three-legged ulsio appears. Is it the
          result of a Ras Thavas experiment gone wild, or just an accident-prone individual?)

          > > octopods (banths, etc.), and decapods (thoats, calots, etc.)
          >
          > octopods (thoats) and decapods (calots, banths)

          That's what I get for relying on memory instead of going back and checking
          the sources.