Who Iz Xenophile???

  • Erich von Harben
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2001
      Well, who is that hiding behind that xenophile moniker???

      My Public Speaking teacher in college was a great pulp fan named Ed
      Kessel. He sold me two years of near mint Doc Savage pulps for $5 and
      got me to sub to xenophile for four years.

      I have fond memories of Xenophile, and I wonder who is using the name if
      not Niles "Tony" Hardin?

      Terry Klasek
    • xenophile2002@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2001
        I am Xenophile.
      • xenophile2002@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2001
          There. That should clear up everything. LOL

          --- In barsoom@y..., Erich von Harben <evharben@s...> wrote:
          > Well, who is that hiding behind that xenophile moniker???

          Ages ago, I used the name CoreyAlice. Then I found out that the
          obscure technical term (which I obviously didn't understand as much
          as I thought I did!) wasn't pronounced that way. I also left AOL.
          So I changed to the name now known and loved by Millions (Joe
          Millions, who does my laundry).

          > My Public Speaking teacher in college was a great pulp fan named Ed
          > Kessel. He sold me two years of near mint Doc Savage pulps for $5

          Oooh! Lucky guy!

          > and got me to sub to xenophile for four years.

          No longer in print. ;_;

          > I have fond memories of Xenophile, and I wonder who is using the
          > name if not Niles "Tony" Hardin?

          Don't know the gentleman. But the word describes me well enough.
        • Steve Wadding
          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2001
            At 02:28 AM 5/9/01 +0000, xenophile2002@... wrote:
            >I am Xenophile.

            An accurate, but useless, answer. <g>
            Ghak
          • xenophile2002@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 7 , May 10, 2001
              --- In barsoom@y..., Steve Wadding <wadding@e...> wrote:
              > At 02:28 AM 5/9/01 +0000, xenophile2002@y... wrote:
              > >I am Xenophile.
              >
              > An accurate, but useless, answer. <g>
              > Ghak

              I should've been a lawyer. Actually, I was inspired by the answer
              given by a certain ape-man in a letter he stole from Jane.
            • Bruce Bozarth
              Message 6 of 7 , May 10, 2001
                xenophile2002@... wrote:
                > I should've been a lawyer. Actually, I was inspired by the answer
                > given by a certain ape-man in a letter he stole from Jane.

                Looking for the expressed link regarding the stolen letter! There was a
                letter that Tarzan READ, returned, and marginally scribbled upon.

                Suggest we all read from the same texts, and maybe get a hold of EE Doc
                sityi'e iag\\\\\\\\\
                --

                TANGOR

                Entry point to Tangor's ERB Web Empire is
                http://freeweb.pdq.net/Tangor
                The Official ERB FAQ is at
                http://freeweb.pdq.net/Tangor/erbfaq.html
              • xenophile2002@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , May 10, 2001
                  --- In barsoom@y..., Bruce Bozarth <tangor@p...> wrote:

                  <snipping a touch>

                  > Looking for the expressed link regarding the stolen letter! There
                  > was a letter that Tarzan READ, returned, and marginally scribbled
                  > upon.

                  Well, perhaps "stole" is too strong.

                  > Suggest we all read from the same texts, and maybe get a hold of EE
                  > Doc
                  > sityi'e iag\\\\\\\\\
                  > --

                  ????? 'Fraid I don't quite get this. There seems to be a refference
                  to EE Doc smith.

                  <tourist in exotic land mode>
                  Could you please repete that?
                  </tourist in exotic land mode>