flora & fauna

  • Ray Boemler
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
      Greetings all,

      Is there a complete, or as much as possible, manual or at the very
      least listing of the flora and fauna to be found on Barsoom?

      Thanks

      Ray
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
        You'll find quite a bit of info in
        Huck's Original Barsoom Glossary in ERBzin-e
        The cover page is at:
        http://www.angelfire.com/trek/erbzine3/huck00.html

        Bill Hillman ~ JoN: Jeddak of the North
        ERBzin-e Weekly Online Fanzine
        http://home.westman.wave.ca/~hillmans/erbmg101.html
        Hillman ERB Cosmos Archive: 2,000 Web pages
        http://home.westman.wave.ca/~hillmans/intromq1.html
        Bill and Sue-On Hillman Eclectic Studio
        http://home.westman.wave.ca/~hillmans/

        Is there a complete, or as much as possible, manual or at the very
        least listing of the flora and fauna to be found on Barsoom?

        Thanks

        Ray

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Jeff Doten
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
          Yea, there is " a guide to Barsoom" by John Flint Roy, that was
          reprinted a while ago. It's VERY complete - Jeff

          On Tuesday, December 2, 2003, at 11:08 AM, Ray Boemler wrote:

          > Greetings all,
          >
          > Is there a complete, or as much as possible, manual or at the very
          > least listing of the flora and fauna to be found on Barsoom?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Ray
          >

          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Jeff Doten's Illustration Studio and the Fire Gods of Venus Project
          http://www.jeffdoten.com
        • Felipe
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
            Usually, roleplayers are interested in such lists.
            There's a Barsoomgaming yahoogroup.

            Meanwhile here's one site:
            http://www.scarlet-tower.com/heroes-of-mars/world_files/plants.html

            --- In barsoom@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Boemler" <wrote:
            > Is there a complete, or as much as possible, manual or at the very
            > least listing of the flora and fauna to be found on Barsoom?
            > Ray
          • Fredrik Ekman
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
                In a message dated 12/2/03 1:13:09 PM, peanutbutterjellyfish@...
                writes:

                > Is there a complete, or as muc as possible, manual or at the very
                > least listing of the flora and fauna to be found on Barsoom?

                There's the Barsoomian Glossary that I did for Caz, published in several
                ERBdoms in the late sixties, and now available on Bill Hillman's website.