Re: [barsoom] Re: They're doing it Again!

  • Jeff Doten
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hiya Kieth, ERBville press will be putting out a hardcover in early
      2004, my illustrations done for it are at
      http://www.jeffdoten.com/marsart.html. This edition is only of the first
      book and also using the Under the Moons of Mars title, as it is a
      printing of the original magazine text, of which of course that was the
      title. I've been very pleased with the binding and printing quality of
      ERBville so far, so I'm
      reasonably confident this edition will stand up. - Jeff

      On Sunday, November 30, 2003, at 09:41 AM, keithbvaughn wrote:

      > Report upon the "Moons of Mars" book,
      >
      > I'm dissapointed in it. The book is a perfect bound in a hardcover
      > shell and the pictures are amateur at best. The book is by Bison
      > Press out of the University of Nebraska who is doing Burroughs books
      > currently. The artist chose to illustrate scenes which haven't been
      > done before and damn few of them at high points of the books. The
      > artwork is pen and ink but there is an awkwardness in their execution
      > and a lack of motion in their composition.
      >
      > The best part may be that a new generation may be introduced to one
      > of best trilogies of all time.
      >
      > Keith
      >

      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Jeff Doten's Illustration Studio and the Fire Gods of Venus Project
      http://www.jeffdoten.com
    • Floyd Brigdon
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2003
        Ooooo..... Something else for me to spend money on. Thanks a lot, Jeff.
        LOL

        Floyd