6724ERBzine Archive: Bob Hyde Tribute: Odyssey of a Tarzan Fanatic plus Africa Safari Journals

    Feb 22 3:25 PM
      ERBzine Archive Feature: Mirrored from our Facebook entries
      BOB HYDE TRIBUTE IN ERBzine.com
      ODYSSEY OF A TARZAN FANatic
      Not only was Bob Hyde the President and Co-Founder of the Burroughs Bibliophiles, he was a lifelong fan of the works of Edgar Rice Burroughs.
      Over his long career he amassed a huge ERB collection, as well as becoming a leading Burroughs academic - he compiled a vast knowledge of all things ERB and was a leading guru for fans young and old.
      For many years before his death in 2006 he shared his in-depth journals with me for ERBzine.com publication.
      Bob's words in these journals speak for themselves in showcasing the man's dedication to ERB World.
      It was an honour to work with him on these and to add illustrations and links to the pages I transcribed.
      Displayed here is a photo by Sue-On -- one of the last photos of Bob, taken when we escorted him and Pete Ogden to the Chicago Airport after an Oak Park Dum-Dum.
      After Bob's death, the remarkable George McWhorter of the ERB Memorial Collection (U of L) trusted me with Bob's one-of-a-kind personal manuscript in which he shared a dream he
      had long held: An African Safari.
      All of this material is featured in our
      BOB HYDE TRIBUTE
      www.ERBzine.com/hyde

      Join us at our FaceBook pages and Groups and Twitter:
      www.facebook.com/groups/ERBzine