5075backup

  • dragoondelight
    Jun 5, 2010
      Hello Richard, everyone,

      I apologize as I am lurking till I get time to do a ERB project for another site. I lost three computers in 18 months or so and since I am a member of a Yahoo computer help group. I asked about backup, as I really hated loosing info and will not pay for the offline service.
      Their solution was an external drive (cheap insurance) and Acronis True Image.

      External drives are nearly equal to your hard drive. Chances are you will not loose both at the same time.

      Acronis allows for scheduled backups and for immediate backups.

      I have been setup for six months with no problems and no worries.

      P.S. flash drives are neat, but can suffer some damage from external sources. As a long term storage solution it is okay, but you are still trusting a device that can suffer fluke damage, much as the dvd discs do. IMO

      Apologies for unneedful advice, but I really hate to hear someone has lost unique data.

      Thanks, Harry.