3118Re: [barsoom] Re: Far Future Earth/Victorian Mars simularities

    Apr 3, 2006
      > The idea that we can have any effect on it strikes
      me as the height of arrogance.
      AQPorter

      Well, we can attribute massive deforestation,
      desertification, and species loss to human action, and
      that is bad enough.

      There seems to be a global scientific consensus that
      human actions are spurring global warming. This
      consensus is not seriously disputed anywhere except
      the American government and American oil industry,
      hardly the most reputable agencies these days.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic