3110Re: [barsoom] Far Future Earth/Victorian Mars simularities

  • Hugh K. Singh
    Apr 1, 2006
      Many years ago Kieth. Travel by mtd. animal or magic device, instead of
      flying boat. Although there was a trigoly of games called "On the Green
      Planet" that wes a flying boat combat game.
      Hugh

      keithbvaughn wrote:

      >To the Group,
      >
      >For a game I have been writing off and on for years (One Million AD--
      >Tales of the Forgotten Earth) I have been reading stories of a far
      >future earth. What has struck me as very curious is the resemblences
      >between the visions of a decadent earth and victorian mars eg barsoom
      >at times.
      >
      >Drying seas or dead seas, ruins of cities, leftover technology of
      >superscience and the deadliness of awakening it. Societies stuck at
      >medieval or barbarian levels often with some advanced anachronistic
      >societies left over. Swords all over the place. It seems to almost be
      >a hash or a disguise of planetary romances.
      >
      >Has anyone else noticed this?
      >
      >Keith
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic