New here with questions

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2011
      Hi Everyone.
      I have been trying to go through some of the older posts and photos to get more info before I posted.

      I am planning on getting a system up and running for next year.
      I have been trying to figure out so many things it is driving me crazy.
      I got a preformed pond off of freecycle last year and have been thinking about using it for the fish. I don't know how many gallons it holds but I am guessing 150, maybe more. I would like to have yellow perch in there and I don't know if this is a good match.
      I have a submersible fountain pump which might be too strong unless I run the hose from it a good distance and height. I have no idea how much space I would need in grow beds to filter the water properly and I am hoping that my 40 gallon water trough will be big enough for a holding tank.
      I would like to build a geodesic dome greenhouse over the whole thing to extend the seasons since I am in Minnesota. Maybe add a rocket stove mass heater with a warming bench inside for the brutal months (November-February).
      My plan is to design it to look as natural as possible and energy efficient. I think it would be awesome to have a water wheel in the process that runs a ceiling fan to draw down the heat in the winter.
      I have been working on drawing out the plans but I just don't know how to figure in the grow bed room.
      Can anyone here please help me?
      Thank you.
      Dee Dee