Fish feed

  • cavm@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007
      Have you thought of Black Soldier Fly larvae as fish feed?  45% protein and 30% fat.  The fat makes them undesirable for some species, such as catfish. However, if you remove the fat to use a diesel fuel in your generator you will have a reduced fat protein supplement, virtually free.

      Neal Van Milligen

    • Paul Range
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
        Travis and I both have picked up road kill and hung them in net sacks (like onions come in) over the fish tanks.  Smells a bit I admit, but look at the money we save. (unabashedly lifted from a dirty limerick inappropriately named "The Dead Whore")

        Works very well and keeps unwanted visitors from your aquaponics set up.

        Paul the Skeptic
        Reliance Community Farms

        Want to change the world?
        Get off your butt and do it!