I'm stuck

  • Rosemary
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2009
      I've been trying for about a week to get my mail preferences changed for this group. I'll be taking a break from the Internet for a while and want to change to web only. Yahoo just doesn't seem to want to do it. I don't want to leave the group, because I'll be checking in from public computers from time to time. However, I don't want my mailbox filled with group mail in the meantime.

      Does anyone know a way to change from Daily Digest to Web Mail - to get Yahoo to pay attention to my request?

      Thanks
      Rosemary
    • Travis
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2009
        Hello ROsemary,

        Here's how I do it (someone else may have a better way):

        At the top left of this page click on the word "My Yahoo" (you may want
        to open it in another tab to keep this message handy).

        On the left of "My Yahoo" is a list of places for you to go. Select
        "Groups"

        On the left side you will see a heading titled "My Groups" and just to
        the right of it the clickable word "Manage". Click on "Manage".

        That will open a page that lists all the groups your email is registered
        to. On the upper left is a tab named "Edit My Groups". Click on it and
        the page opens up to the list you just saw with the ability to change
        settings. If you go to the right side of the list is where you can
        change the Message Delivery settings. In the dropdown box select "No
        Email" and then to the right of that click on the blue box that says
        "Save Changes" Verify the box is still stating no emails and you should
        be good to go.

        Hope this helps,

        Trav.

        --- In barrelponics@yahoogroups.com, "Rosemary" <rosichan67@...> wrote:

        > I've been trying for about a week to get my mail preferences changed
        for this group. I'll be taking a break from the Internet for a while and
        want to change to web only. Yahoo just doesn't seem to want to do it. I
        don't want to leave the group, because I'll be checking in from public
        computers from time to time. However, I don't want my mailbox filled
        with group mail in the meantime.

        > Does anyone know a way to change from Daily Digest to Web Mail - to
        get Yahoo to pay attention to my request?

        > Thanks
        > Rosemary

      • mikesrgreen
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
          Hi Rosemary,

          I log into Yahoo Groups at http://groups.yahoo.com because I subscribe to several groups. I then select Barrelponics from the list of groups. At the top of the page in the center just below the red Yahoo Groups logo is a line with my e-mail, slash, Group Member and then Edit Membership. Click on Edit Membership. Next page to appear allows you to change your e-mailing preferences (under Step 2) Click on the Web Only option. Then click on save changes at the bottom of that page. Congrats! You're still a member and you can read the messages from the web. Your e-mail bo will NOT fill up. When you want e-mailed messages simply repeat this process and select the E-mail button and save changes.

          Best of luck,
          Mike

          --- In barrelponics@yahoogroups.com, "Travis" <barrelponics@...> wrote:

          > Hello ROsemary,
          >
          > Here's how I do it (someone else may have a better way):
          >
          > At the top left of this page click on the word "My Yahoo" (you may want
          > to open it in another tab to keep this message handy).
          >
          > On the left of "My Yahoo" is a list of places for you to go. Select
          > "Groups"
          >
          > On the left side you will see a heading titled "My Groups" and just to
          > the right of it the clickable word "Manage". Click on "Manage".
          >
          > That will open a page that lists all the groups your email is registered
          > to. On the upper left is a tab named "Edit My Groups". Click on it and
          > the page opens up to the list you just saw with the ability to change
          > settings. If you go to the right side of the list is where you can
          > change the Message Delivery settings. In the dropdown box select "No
          > Email" and then to the right of that click on the blue box that says
          > "Save Changes" Verify the box is still stating no emails and you should
          > be good to go.
          >
          > Hope this helps,
          >
          > Trav.
          >

          > --- In barrelponics@yahoogroups.com, "Rosemary" <rosichan67@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I've been trying for about a week to get my mail preferences changed
          > for this group. I'll be taking a break from the Internet for a while and
          > want to change to web only. Yahoo just doesn't seem to want to do it. I
          > don't want to leave the group, because I'll be checking in from public
          > computers from time to time. However, I don't want my mailbox filled
          > with group mail in the meantime.
          > >
          > > Does anyone know a way to change from Daily Digest to Web Mail - to
          > get Yahoo to pay attention to my request?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Rosemary

        • Steve Spence
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
            Your instructions are stellar, and would have even worked before the
            last set of Yahoo "improvements" ......

            Steve Spence
            Renewable energy and self sufficiency
            http://www.green-trust.org