Finding Quartet members- New England - my experience

  • akousen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2009
      I lived in VT for 30 years.... only 1 chapter in the state located NW corner....where to find parts when you live 2 or more hours away from any town or city poses a huge logistics problem. My solution was to attend as many choral events and join local singing groups, locating good singers. Eventually, over 2 years, getting a quartet together. We spanned 100 miles, had mega rehearsals, full day events, sent recordings to coaches, getting feedback, finally breaking into competition with decent scores.

      Now a days.. the Brigade movement and the internet has made it slightly easier... post your needs on acapella websites, chorus yahoo groups, anywhere there may be lurking someone who is looking for THE opportunity. Use the social networking sites like facebook. Join up with community chorale's in your area, they will have a core of people you just might find the parts you need.

      Also don't forget quartetmatchup.com.

      Good Luck...
    • nealsiegal
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 19, 2009
        For those of you who are truly possessed about your quartetting and want to find many,many extremely ambitious and able intermediary and upper intermediary quartet partners, the "eXtreme Quartetting" "Harmony Brigade" rallies are THE ideal and most dynamic place to network and have a great time.

        At this very moment a solid and growing number of men from NED are preparing to participate in the upcoming Harmony Brigades in Delaware, Indiana, North Carolina and at Harmony U.

        As the number of NED Brigade men increase and as their enthusiam for the program grows (as a result of their experience in it) so will the number of ready, willing and able opearional men needed to make one possible in NED.

        That's how the satilite Brigades spread out from North Carolina over these years. I believe there will be one very soon in NED; your numbers are reaching critial mass.

        I encourage you all to learn more about the Associations of Brigades, (an independant, grass-roots subsidary of BHS) dedicated to advanced quartetting, regional quartet partner networking, fun and fraturnity.

        Visit our web site for links to each Brigade and its status; go to: http://www.harmonybrigade.org

        Meanwhile plan to attend one soon.

        Neal Siegal
        AHB & NCHB