Call For Papers - June 2009 GUBOQS Gazette

  • Casey Parker
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009
      5/1/09

      Call For Papers - June 2009 GUBOQS Gazette

      To: Harmonetters,SPEBnet,AHSOWnet,BQPA;
      Cc:Mark Sheldon,BarbershopQuartet,FWD
      Bcc: Distr LS, Authors

      This is the call for papers for the June 2009 issue of the GUBOQS Gazette*, an independent pro-quartet publication.  We publish success stories describing regular quartet encouragement sessions held during chapter meetings.  We seek creative ideas which influence SPEBSQSA members to try quartetting.  Authors receive free introductory issues

      Do your quartet sessions give every member an opportunity to sing with three others at every meeting?  Email me a one page article describing your program.  The target date for your article is two weeks from today.

      Thank you,

      Casey Parker
      Editor
      GUBOQS Gazette
      mailto:caseypar@...

      *PS - Subscriptions ($12 via US mail) are available from:
      C. Parker, Editor
      305 Vineyard Twn. Ctr. #113
      Morgan Hill, CA 95037

      1. Send the following email:  [click the blue]

      mailto:SPEBnet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      2. In the Yahoo! reply, use this method to subscribe:

        "(1) Go to the Yahoo! Groups site by clicking on the blue link: "

      3. DO NOT USE THE 'REPLY' METHOD!

      4. In the "comment to owner" block, enter your
      real name and SPEBSQSA member number.

      5. Complete the form & click "Join" at the end.
      You will receive a confirming email.
      Thank you for your cooperation.

      Casey Parker
      SPEBnet Moderator

      PS - If you are not now a member of
      any Yahoo! group, please first join Yahoo! at.
      ------------------------------------last issue---------------------
       The GUBOQS Gazette
      An occasional publication of the GUBOQS Group
      (Get Us Back Our QUARTET Society, formerly GUBOS)
      Volume 20,  Issue 3                                                                                                March 2009
      Dedicated to the interchange of ideas on restoring quartetting to spebsQsa
      **********************************************************************************     ******************
      Table of Contents
      KEEPING THE DREAM ALIVE by Tom Wheatley
      TOGETHER IN HARMONY by Tom Neal
      APPLY FOR THE ATLANTIC HARMONY BRIGADE NOW! by Neal Siegal
      GOOD SINGING HABITS by Dan Dekowski
      MEMBERSHIP TASK FORCE by Bill Biffle
      SINGING VALENTINES by Jack Martin
      BARBERSHOP QUARTET PRESERVATION     ASSOCIATION MEETS by Rex Touslee

      QUARTET CHAPTER DEMONSTRATION AT ANAHEIM
      by Mark Sheldon
      The GUBOQS Gazette
      C. Parker, Editor
      305 Vineyard Town Ctr #113
      Morgan Hill, CA 95037
      RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED

      MUSIC AVAILABLE FOR A SONG
      NEW -Harmony Song Index- 8,560 Song Titles with, Composer & Year,
      My Harmony Archive has 6,000 arrangements and 10,000 harmony type piano-vocals.   The Harmony Archive has available four-part  songbooks and Harmony Guides for sale.  Did you know that pre-1923 songs are Public Domain, hence have no royalties or fees?  Sheet Music prior to 1923 often included four part arrangements. We have 200.
      From the Society Code of Ethics:
      �...The Society aspires to preserve for its members and for all future generations of prospective members the sacred right of men to seek haven from the burden of their daily cares through indulgence in old fashioned vocal quartet harmony.....�
      HELP FOUND:  Mark Sheldon ASSOCIATE EDITOR.  Award winning Orange Bulletin Editor  He will edit and write articles on  Quartetting, & Editorials.
      Email an article <caseypar@...>or <oqcmark@...>
      Founders:  Jack Baird, Charlie Johnson, Mark Lubart, John Mill, Max Minor (deceased), Dave Mohr, Tom Neal, Joe Shekleton, Fred Storck, Dick Stuart.
      **************************************************************************************************************
    • Casey Parker
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2009
        6/1/09 Final Call - There is room for your unique quartet
        encouragement article. CP
        5/1/09

        Call For Papers - June 2009 GUBOQS Gazette

        To: Harmonetters,SPEBnet,AHSOWnet,BQPA;
        Cc:Mark Sheldon,BarbershopQuartet,FWD

[...]

        From the Society Code of Ethics: "...The Society aspires to preserve