Re: [barbershopquartet] Latest News

  • Bill Boll
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2009
      Re: [barbershopquartet] Latest News Does all of Barbershopquartet need to know this!!

      On 2/11/09 3:27 PM, "Phil Beaver" <phillip@...> wrote:

      Bill called today and said so far we have five appointments for each of the two quartets.
      On Friday, we need to be at Lake Sherwood Acres Retirement Center (LSCRC) for 11:45 to sing there at 12:00.  At 11:45 at LSARC Bill will hand us roses and cards for both days.
      We plan to meet at my house starting about 11:00 AM and ride with Doc. We need to leave my home at 11:15 sharp (somebody respond if I am wrong). Also, confirm that this is a good plan. I have plenty of parking space in front of my home, 1624 Leycester Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, 225-766-7365.
      The Advocate contacted Bill and wants to do a feature story on our Valentine’s activity, beginning with the performance at Lake Sherwood Acres Retirement Center. Afterwards, they'll follow Bill's quartet.
      At this time it appears our Friday ends after a 2:00 appointment in Central (Val’s friends). We start fairly early on Saturday and have three assignments ending at the 7:00 pm restaurant downtown. More calls may come, and some may be last minute after the feature in Saturday.
      I met with Hugh today for that coaching we wanted to do. I will record me singing the two songs, email them to you, and ask you guys to plan to support my interpretation. Jared, I will call you when I have sent them.
      Hugh handed me his tie and cumber bund for Jared to use and I have them in hand.
      Phil