Re: [barbershopquartet] International Quartet News

  • Bob Caldwell
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 10, 2008
      I was in communication with Mark Hale last week about another matter and asked him the question directly because I heard Masterpiece was not going to complete at Nashville.

      He said they are focussing on their chorus this year and letting their pals O C Times and Metropolis have their shot this year.   LOL

      Harmony-us-ly, BobCaldwell@...
      FRiDAYS!  Dan, Bob, Ken & Steve
      Thank goodness it's barbershop!   [|;^}0x
      703.506-8229 x6170  or  804.241.6957 cell
      Alexandria Harmonizers Chorus   O{/////[|

      From: tpbuell@comcast. net
      Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:24:27 -0500

      But I heard that they weren’t competing.  ????   Anyone know for sure?

      < div class="EC_MsoNormal">From: barbershopquartet@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:barbershopq uartet@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Tim Bird
      Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:40 PM
      To: barbershopquartet@ yahoogroups. com

      The quartet with Hale, Littlefield, Menaker and Gordon is called "Masterpiece" . Word has it, they threw it together the day of the FWD Division contest last year, smoked an 85 and ran away with the title.

      Tim

      On Feb 26, 2008, at 1:21 PM, John wrote:

      If you haven't heard any of the buzz, there will be some new quartets
      showing up at International (presumably) this year.

      Redline quartet
      This is Flipside which changed Lead to Chris Vaughn of Gotcha! They
      then changed their name. http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=6vaDRLCQa4Y
      OUCH! http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=4Svq0wizZlE& feature=related

      Crossroads
      This is which are they more like - Fred Farrell (Second Edition),
      Mike Slamka (Power Play), Brandon Guyton (4 Voices), and Jim Henry
      (Gas House Gang) http://www.crossroa dsquartet. com/index. html

      Old School
      Joe Connelly , Rick Taylor (Riptide), Joe Krones (Cheers), Jack Pinto
      (BSQ) http://www.oldschoo lqt.com
      h ttp://www.youtube. com/watch? v=gwBLbCqIuHw& feature=related

      Four Aces
      Ed Cazenas (Intl Top 10 Vaudeville), Nick Aiuto, Richard Lewellen
      (Riptide), Jay Hawkins (Interstate Rivals, Marquis)
      http://www.fouraces quartet.com/ joomla/

      New California quartet with Mark Hale (Michigan Jake), Brett
      Littlefield and Rob Menaker (Nightlife), and Alan Gordon (Gotcha!)

      Put in
      OC Times
      Storm Front - With ....Jeff Selano?? as tenor! (Bass of Riptide)
      State Line Grocery
      Glory Days
      The Allies
      Rounders
      Wheelhouse
      SEP

      and you have quite a contest!

    • Jennifer Gordon
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 10, 2008
        No they're not.  They will be performing at the International Prelims as sort of an evaluation-only thing.  They have no intention of competing.

        I'm not sure how your families work, but my brother is usually pretty honest with me.  So I'm confident in my answer.  Seriously.

        To: barbershopquartet@yahoogroups.com

        From: tpbuell@comcast. net
        Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:24:27 -0500

      • tpbuell@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 11, 2008
          Jenny, I am not sure anyone was questioning their honesty.  I know I saw that they were listed to sing in Bakersfield and jumped to the conclusion that when you said that they were not competing, you meant in the prelims, but that singing in Division was a different thing.

          Tim Buell

          From: tpbuell@comcast. net
          Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:24:27 -0500

            From: tpbuell@comcast. net