Wanted: quartet in SAI Region 25

  • Linda Mayes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2008
      I am a member of SAI Region 25 and sing lead in Lawton Harmony
      Chorus, Lawton Oklahoma. I am looking to join/start a quartet in
      Oklahoma,Arkansas, or Texas. I am willing to drive for regular
      quartet rehearsals on weekends.

      I have been an SAI member for 4 years and have competed in 3 regional
      contests as a chorus member. I have been working very hard the last
      2 years to have a "quartetable" voice / technique. I attend summer
      music camps, quartet retreats, and other region 25 workshops and put
      to use what I learn in these workshops. I have been told during a
      PVI by a regional quartet champ that I am ready to quartet. I have a
      good voice, stay on pitch, and can blend. I am ready to get to
      work! I am going to Region 25 quartet retreat on Feb 1. If there is
      anyone out there who is also wanting to quartet, please let me know.
      Maybe we could meet at quartet retreat.

      One more thing - I always have to brag about my neice, Jenn G who is
      in a Region 25 quartet called Flirt! that placed 3rd at the 2007
      Regional 25 quartet contest. I couldn't be prouder of her. She has
      a tremendous voice AND a super personality.

      Hope to hear from someone soon.
    • Susan Tibbetts
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2008
        Hi- what part do you sing? I am a bass wanting to sing again.
        Thinking of going back to a Fort Worth chorus. Former Rich Tones member.

        susan Tibbetts

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2008
          I am a lead.  Do you know of a bari or a tenor?  Are you goiing to quartet retreat - there is still time to enroll as an observer.