Re: [baofeng_uv5r] voice

  • Bill Maxwell
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2012
      A form of read-only memory, Consider it an older but  more durable form of modern flash memory but with the major difference being that you can't access its contents to change anything. The only way to change it is to swap the eprom chip for another with the code you want, e.g English voice commands rather than Mandarin or whatever it is we now have or in some cases, erase the contents and reprogram it.. I doubt that the type used in the UV-5R would allow erasing and reprograming. I suspect they have used a one-time programing device on cost grounds.

      Unlike the Wouxun, which lets you switch between English , Mandarin or Korean, as I recall, each UV-5R only comes with one language..

      73
      Bill, VK7MX

      On 1/04/2012 4:53 PM, Jimmy KC9PXZ wrote:

      Ok I thought that might be it. What’s  a eprom? I have never heard of it. I decided I have had my radio for two days programmed by key pad and software I will just keep it. The radio as a simple dual band rig it works pretty good.

      73

      KC9PXZ

      Jimmy