Re: [baofeng_uv5r] Another CHIRP question

  • Fernando Lecaros S.
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1 1:00 AM
      Hi Gary, yo may do it, ticking in the skip field it's such a kind of
      inverse logic, Add channel means No Skip. 73.

      El sáb, 30-06-2012 a las 18:23 +0000, GaryErrol escribió:

      > Trying to get used CHIRP. I don't where you Enable/Disable Scan on a
      > per channel. It's easy to do in the Baofeng software but I just don't
      > see it in the CHIRP software. What am I not seeing?

    • Mike Biasin W1MWB
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 27, 2012
        Hey all. I decided to install CHIRP and the USB driver on my Echolink computer which runs XP.

        I got it to communicate with the radio I think but under Baofeng it only had the UV-3R in the drop down menu. I selected it and when I went to download it said that the radio didn’t acknowledge the first command. The website is saying I should use version 0.2.3 but I’m wondering if there is a newer one that has the UV5R in the menu.
      • Bill Maxwell
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 27, 2012
          You appear to be using the wrong version of CHIRP. You need the latest daily download, not the production version.
          On 28/11/2012 11:02 AM, Mike Biasin W1MWB wrote:
          Hey all. I decided to install CHIRP and the USB driver on my Echolink computer which runs XP.

          I got it to communicate with the radio I think but under Baofeng it only had the UV-3R in the drop down menu. I selected it and when I went to download it said that the radio didn’t acknowledge the first command. The website is saying I should use version 0.2.3 but I’m wondering if there is a newer one that has the UV5R in the menu.

        • James R. (Randy) Loflin
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 27, 2012
            Version 0.2.3 doesn't talk to the UV-5R. You have to download the "daily
            build" latest version for that. AFIK, it only downloads/uploads the
            memories, not the settings.

            Randy
            KD5MEO
          • John
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 28, 2012
              Mike,
              Just curious, what website said to use CHIRP 0.2.3 for the UV5R
              Was this the CHIRP site?

              John K3NXU