Re: [baofeng_uv5r] Re: Great use of your BaoFeng - - CERT

  • N4AOF
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 31, 2013
      I'm surprised that all your CERT members have their ham licenses. The most
      we've managed has generally been about 50%

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1, 2013
        Sorry I mislead you, our members do not have their licenses.  The unit members are covered under the unit's FCC license.  This forum is fantastic, I have already been able to talk with two other members of the group who have a great deal of experience and advice regarding the use of VHF and UHF radios for CERT and SAR operations.  I am getting great advice and counsel from the members and I appreciate all the help.

        Kenneth E. Reinard

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 6, 2013
          I have a Baofeng F-11. I have experienced problems with the FM radio. The radio is on a FM station, then detects a vhf or uhf radio signal. It then returns after the vhf or uhf reception is gone as it should, to the FM radio that then has a pulsing intermittent rushing sound that is there along with the FM station? I turn off the radio and turn it on again and the interference, rushing sound (or whatever it is) is gone. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas?
        • Jim Unroe
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 6, 2013
            Hi Gary,

            Unfortunately, this is common.

            I believe workarounds will also silence the noise when it occurs...

            1. tap the [CALL] button to exit broadcast FM and tap it again to activate it again
            2. tap the [UP] arrow followed by the [DN] arrow (or the other way around)

            Jim KC9HI

            On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Gary Gruesbeck <kb9tui@...> wrote:

            I have a Baofeng F-11. I have experienced problems with the FM radio. The radio is on a FM station, then detects a vhf or uhf radio signal. It then returns after the vhf or uhf reception is gone as it should, to the FM radio that then has a pulsing intermittent rushing sound that is there along with the FM station? I turn off the radio and turn it on again and the interference, rushing sound (or whatever it is) is gone. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas?

          • mhywattt
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 6, 2013
              Common problem. Make sure you aren't in the channel mode and that if you have TDR on, tune both top and bottom bands to a place where there is no activity. Then your FM won't be interrupted.