New radio?

  • billcwg2n
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 23, 2012
      Anyone else order one?

      Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.
    • wehrme
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 23, 2012
        Ordered one yesterday...

        Mike
        KO9I

        --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "billcwg2n" <wg2n@...> wrote:

        > Anyone else order one?
        >
        > Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.

      • ewmicro
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 23, 2012
          I'm thinking about it. I own a UV-3R and waiting for UV-3R plus to be delivered.
          Jim
          W1FMG

          --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "billcwg2n" <wg2n@...> wrote:

          > Anyone else order one?
          >
          > Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.

        • toby 513
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 23, 2012
            good evening (as it is over here in germany)

            i ordered today. plus a BNC antenna adaptor
            because i only use this sockets. let's see how
            our new buddies work. :D

            73

            toby

          • chrisrandolph@rocketmail.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 23, 2012
              Im gonna wait to see what the issues are with the first production model. (There is always an issue) If they perform well, one of these will be in my pocket soon.

              --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "wehrme" <wehrme@...> wrote:

              > Ordered one yesterday...
              >
              > Mike
              > KO9I
              >
              > --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "billcwg2n" <wg2n@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Anyone else order one?
              > >
              > > Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.

            • Chris KF8ZR
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 23, 2012
                I noticed the UHF version has 7 watts output
                Is this also the same for the VHF version?

                Chris

                --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "billcwg2n" <wg2n@...> wrote:

                > Anyone else order one?
                >
                > Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.

              • w8ghz
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 23, 2012
                  I ordered it tonight. Someone mentioned it on radioreference, so I checked it out and just had to have it! $59 for a full output dual-band HT with 2.5 Khz steps was just too good to pass by.

                  Plus I had been looking at the TYT TH-F8 for a while now. I like how they look, but the mono-band part kept me from buying one. But the UV5R looks just like them and is dual-band. So it's perfect!

                  It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the Wouxun radios.

                  --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "billcwg2n" <wg2n@...> wrote:

                  > Anyone else order one?
                  >
                  > Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.

                • russ_ka1ruw
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 23, 2012
                    Hi All

                    Last week, I was one keystroke from completing an order for a UV-3R+ when I had to answer my cell, then didn't get back to it.

                    I will now wait for the bugs to come out and then order a UV-5R.

                    I intend to operate cross-band repeat with this little gem through either of two Kenwood TM-V7A mobiles, one in shack and another in the car.

                    Looks bigger than UV-3 models but the 4 watts instead of 2 watts is worth it for me. Don't want to carry around a brick and gel-cell in a fanny-pack just to hit a repeater 10 miles away.

                    When the trees leaf-out in SO-NH this April, 2 watts is a long and rough row to hoe.

                    73
                    Russ, ka1ruw

                    --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "billcwg2n" <wg2n@...> wrote:

                    > Anyone else order one?
                    >
                    > Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.

                  • pstan82
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 24, 2012
                      Just ordered, crossing my finger and waiting for it to arrive soon!!

                      --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "billcwg2n" <wg2n@...> wrote:

                      > Anyone else order one?
                      >
                      > Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.

                    • eaquino57
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 24, 2012
                        Same here a minute ago via 409Shop website! Hopefully it will be supported by a similar easy to use programming SW like UV-XR 1.10.

                        --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "pstan82" <pstan82@...> wrote:

                        > Just ordered, crossing my finger and waiting for it to arrive soon!!
                        >

                        > --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "billcwg2n" <wg2n@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Anyone else order one?
                        > >
                        > > Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.

                      • Steve Rish
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 24, 2012
                          Just heard back from Carol at 409shop..........currently they do not have the programming software.

                          73,

                          Steve

                          To: baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com
                          From: eaqu4373@...
                          Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 01:46:07 +0000
                          Subject: [baofeng_uv5r] Re: New radio?

                          Same here a minute ago via 409Shop website! Hopefully it will be supported by a similar easy to use programming SW like UV-XR 1.10.

                          --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "pstan82" <pstan82@...> wrote:

                          > Just ordered, crossing my finger and waiting for it to arrive soon!!
                          >

                          > --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "billcwg2n" <wg2n@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Anyone else order one?
                          > >
                          > > Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.

                        • walter099de
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 26, 2012
                            --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "toby 513" <suhhe@...> wrote:

                            > good evening (as it is over here in germany)
                            >
                            > i ordered today. plus a BNC antenna adaptor
                            > because i only use this sockets. let's see how
                            > our new buddies work. [:D]
                            >
                            > 73
                            >
                            > toby

                            Hallo Tobi.
                            Hab auch 2 geordert(409 Ebay).
                            Mal sehen wie sie spielen.
                            For englisch People

                            Hello Tobi.
                            Have also ordered two (409 Ebay).
                            Let's see how they play.
                            Walter
                          • toby 513
                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 27, 2012
                              daumen hoch, walter.
                              ich kanns kaum erwarten;
                              bin mittlerweile absoluter
                              baofeng-fan! :x

                              > Hallo Tobi.
                              > Hab auch 2 geordert(409 Ebay).
                              > Mal sehen wie sie spielen.
                              > For englisch People
                              >
                              > Hello Tobi.
                              > Have also ordered two (409 Ebay).
                              > Let's see how they play.
                              > Walter

                            • walter099de
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 27, 2012
                                --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "toby 513" <suhhe@...> wrote:

                                > daumen hoch, walter.
                                > ich kanns kaum erwarten;
                                > bin mittlerweile absoluter
                                > baofeng-fan! [:x]
                                >
                                > > Hallo Tobi.
                                > > Hab auch 2 geordert(409 Ebay).
                                > > Mal sehen wie sie spielen.
                                > > For englisch People
                                > >
                                > > Hello Tobi.
                                > > Have also ordered two (409 Ebay).
                                > > Let's see how they play.
                                > > Walter

                                Ich warte auch noch auf ein paar Exemplare der UV3R Plus(die "Normalen" hab ich ja schon).
                                Schon am 10.02.2012 angekommen hier in DL.
                                Aber noch immer nicht bei mir angekommen(Zollbearbeitung).
                                Mein Kumpel hat auch 3 Wochen warten müssen.....
                                Walter

                                For englisch People
                                I am waiting still for a few copies of UV3R Plus (the "normal" I have already).
                                Already on 02.10.2012 arrived here in DL.
                                But still not arrived with me (is determined at customs).
                                My buddy had to wait three weeks .....
                                Walter
                              • Carl
                                Message 15 of 19 , Nov 3, 2012
                                  i got one and my software will not read from the uv-5r+ but works find with my Uv-5r is ther something i nee to do?

                                  --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "billcwg2n" <wg2n@...> wrote:

                                  > Anyone else order one?
                                  >
                                  > Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.

                                • Jim Unroe
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Nov 3, 2012
                                    It is interesting that you replied to message #1.

                                    The problem is most likely your firmware. Your UV-5R firmware is probably BFB290 or before and you UV-5R+ is probably BFB291 or later. They require different software.

                                    Visit the link mentioned on the group Home page and it will provide links to correct software based on your firmware version and even explain how to determine your firmware version.

                                    Jim KC9HI

                                    On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Carl <corbycuda@...> wrote:

                                    i got one and my software will not read from the uv-5r+ but works find with my Uv-5r is ther something i nee to do?

                                    --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "billcwg2n" <wg2n@...> wrote:

                                    > Anyone else order one?
                                    >
                                    > Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.

                                  • CG
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 15, 2013
                                      Which radio are you talking about? Model number? Link?

                                      --- In baofeng_uv5r@yahoogroups.com, "billcwg2n" wrote:

                                      > Anyone else order one?
                                      >
                                      > Let's share information on this radio, which is initially available at 888 Radio and 409 Radio in HK.

                                    • matumbe28
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 15, 2013
                                        Well it was new (the UV-5R) when the thread was new, you just bumped it to the front.

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Feb 15, 2013
                                          Thank you. I didn't realize this thread was from last year. I just saw February, and assumed it was a new post! 73s!

                                          Carlos

                                          KD2DKO