Phosphoric acid on Banksias

  • Karlo Taliana
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2008

      Hi All,

      Not sure if I’m doing the right thing....I’ve been going on the advice of others.  About three days ago, I root drenched and lightly sprayed all my western banksias with Phosphacid (Phosphoric Acid 5ml/Litre water) including many of those in pots.  None seem to be adversely affected accept B.cuneata which looks like it will die.  I reasonably certain the acid treatment may have been too much for it because the foliage looked very healthy a few days ago.

      Can anyone give me any feedback on whether they experienced a similar result with Banksia cuneata or other B.species ??

      Karlo (Georges Hall, NSW)

    • Ian Radford
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2008
        Karlo
        I assume that you have misspelt and that what you really used was a salt of phosphorous acid. If you used phosphoric acid, then you would be in trouble.

        Ian

        Not sure if I’m doing the right thing....I’ve been going on the advice of others.  About three days ago, I root drenched and lightly sprayed all my western banksias with Phosphacid (Phosphoric Acid 5ml/Litre water) including many of those in pots.  None seem to be adversely affected accept B.cuneata which looks like it will die.  I reasonably certain the acid treatment may have been too much for it because the foliage looked very healthy a few days ago.

        Can anyone give me any feedback on whether they experienced a similar result with Banksia cuneata or other B.species ??

        Karlo (Georges Hall, NSW)

        Checked by AVG.