Re: [bang-phpug] Script for blocking prt screen action in IE

  • Suketu S Parikh
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 21, 2008
      Hi Sandeep,

      I believe that you can track print screen key and bypass the the print
      screen function.

      Regards,

      Suketu Parikh

      --
      Suketu Parikh

    • binoy
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 26, 2008
        hi smangal
        ids it possible to block print screen through php ?

        smangal09 <smangal09@...> wrote: Hello friends,

        Can any one provide me a script for blocking Print screen button
        action from the keyboard for internet explorer browser.

        Thanks

        Sandeep

        With Regards
        Binoy.M.V

      • samaya
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
          function () {
          shortcut = {
          'all_shortcuts':{},//All the shortcuts are stored in this array
          'add': function(shortcut_combination,callback,opt) {
          //Provide a set of default options
          var default_options = {
          'type':'keydown',
          'propagate':false,
          'disable_in_input':false,
          'target':document,
          'keycode':false
          }
          if(!opt) opt = default_options;
          else {
          for(var dfo in default_options) {
          if(typeof opt[dfo] == 'undefined') opt[dfo] = default_options[dfo];
          }
          }
          var ele = opt.target
          if(typeof opt.target == 'string') ele = document.getElementById(opt.target);
          var ths = this;
          shortcut_combination = shortcut_combination.toLowerCase();
          //The function to be called at keypress
          var func = function(e) {
          e = e || window.event;

          if(opt['disable_in_input']) { //Don't enable shortcut keys in Input, Textarea fields
          var element;
          if(e.target) element=e.target;
          else if(e.srcElement) element=e.srcElement;
          if(element.nodeType==3) element=element.parentNode;
          if(element..tagName == 'INPUT' || element.tagName == 'TEXTAREA') return;
          }

          //Find Which key is pressed
          if (e.keyCode) code = e.keyCode;
          else if (e.which) code = e.which;
          var character = String.fromCharCode(code).toLowerCase();

          if(code == 188) character=","; //If the user presses , when the type is onkeydown
          if(code == 190) character="."; //If the user presses , when the type is onkeydown

          var keys = shortcut_combination.split("+");
          //Key Pressed - counts the number of valid keypresses - if it is same as the number of keys, the shortcut function is invoked
          var kp = 0;

          //Work around for stupid Shift key bug created by using lowercase - as a result the shift+num combination was broken
          var shift_nums = {
          "`":"~",
          "1":"!",
          "2":"@",
          "3":"#",
          "4":"$",
          "5":"%",
          "6":"^",
          "7":"&",
          "8":"*",
          "9":"(",
          "0":")",
          "-":"_",
          "=":"+",
          ";":":",
          "'":"\"",
          ",":"<",
          ".":">",
          "/":"?",
          "\\":"|"
          }
          //Special Keys - and their codes
          var special_keys = {
          'esc':27,
          'escape':27,
          'tab':9,
          'space':32,
          'return':13,
          'enter':13,
          'backspace':8,

          'scrolllock':145,
          'scroll_lock':145,
          'scroll':145,
          'capslock':20,
          'caps_lock':20,
          'caps':20,
          'numlock':144,
          'num_lock':144,
          'num':144,

          'pause':19,
          'break':19,

          'insert':45,
          'home':36,
          'delete':46,
          'end':35,

          'pageup':33,
          'page_up':33,
          'pu':33,

          'pagedown':34,
          'page_down':34,
          'pd':34,

          'left':37,
          'up':38,
          'right':39,
          'down':40,

          'f1':112,
          'f2':113,
          'f3':114,
          'f4':115,
          'f5':116,
          'f6':117,
          'f7':118,
          'f8':119,
          'f9':120,
          'f10':121,
          'f11':122,
          'f12':123
          }

          var modifiers = {
          shift: { wanted:false, pressed:false},
          ctrl : { wanted:false, pressed:false},
          alt : { wanted:false, pressed:false},
          meta : { wanted:false, pressed:false} //Meta is Mac specific
          };

          if(e.ctrlKey) modifiers.ctrl.pressed = true;
          if(e.shiftKey) modifiers.shift.pressed = true;
          if(e.altKey) modifiers.alt.pressed = true;
          if(e.metaKey) modifiers.meta.pressed = true;

          for(var i=0; k=keys[i],i<keys.length; i++) {
          //Modifiers
          if(k == 'ctrl' || k == 'control') {
          kp++;
          modifiers.ctrl.wanted = true;
          } else if(k == 'shift') {
          kp++;
          modifiers.shift.wanted = true;
          } else if(k == 'alt') {
          kp++;
          modifiers.alt.wanted = true;
          } else if(k == 'meta') {
          kp++;
          modifiers.meta.wanted = true;
          } else if(k.length > 1) { //If it is a special key
          if(special_keys[k] == code) kp++;

          } else if(opt['keycode']) {
          if(opt['keycode'] == code) kp++;
          } else { //The special keys did not match
          if(character == k) kp++;
          else {
          if(shift_nums[character] && e.shiftKey) { //Stupid Shift key bug created by using lowercase
          character = shift_nums[character];
          if(character == k) kp++;
          }
          }
          }
          }
          if(kp == keys.length &&
          modifiers.ctrl.pressed == modifiers.ctrl.wanted &&
          modifiers.shift.pressed == modifiers.shift.wanted &&
          modifiers.alt.pressed == modifiers.alt.wanted &&
          modifiers.meta.pressed == modifiers.meta.wanted) {
          callback(e);

          if(!opt['propagate']) { //Stop the event
          //e.cancelBubble is supported by IE - this will kill the bubbling process.
          e.cancelBubble = true;
          e.returnValue = false;

          //e.stopPropagation works in Firefox.
          if (e.stopPropagation) {
          e.stopPropagation();
          e.preventDefault();
          }
          return false;
          }
          }
          }
          this.all_shortcuts[shortcut_combination] = {
          'callback':func,
          'target':ele,
          'event': opt['type']
          };
          //Attach the function with the event
          if(ele.addEventListener) ele.addEventListener(opt['type'], func, false);
          else if(ele.attachEvent) ele.attachEvent('on'+opt['type'], func);
          else ele['on'+opt['type']] = func;
          },
          //Remove the shortcut - just specify the shortcut and I will remove the binding
          'remove':function(shortcut_combination) {
          shortcut_combination = shortcut_combination.toLowerCase();
          var binding = this.all_shortcuts[shortcut_combination];
          delete(this.all_shortcuts[shortcut_combination])
          if(!binding) return;
          var type = binding['event'];
          var ele = binding['target'];
          var callback = binding['callback'];
          if(ele.detachEvent) ele.detachEvent('on'+type, callback);
          else if(ele.removeEventListener) ele.removeEventListener(type, callback, false);
          else ele['on'+type] = false;
          }
          }
          shortcut.add("Ctrl+a",function() {
          return(false);
          });

          ids it possible to block print screen through php ?

          smangal09 <smangal09@yahoo. co.in> wrote: Hello friends,

          Can any one provide me a script for blocking Print screen button
          action from the keyboard for internet explorer browser.

          Thanks

          Sandeep

          With Regards
          Binoy.M.V

          Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

        • samaya
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
            hi
            i am not clear abt this,but some wht it will hepls u.. use this function and call it in the page where u dont want the print screen to be pressed.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008
              can u tell me which function i have to call .
              function() ?
              sorry for this question ,i actually didn;t get abt this function thats why
              plzzzz

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1, 2008
                place the script in a javascript function where u want to disable the print screen and call the function from that page itsels.
                regards
                samaya

                ids it possible to block print screen through php ?

                smangal09 <smangal09@yahoo. co.in> wrote: Hello friends,

                Can any one provide me a script for blocking Print screen button
                action from the keyboard for internet explorer browser.

                Thanks

                Sandeep

                With Regards
                Binoy.M.V