Re: [bang-phpug] Script for blocking prt screen action in IE

  • Suketu S Parikh
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 21, 2008
      Hi Sandeep,

      I believe that you can track print screen key and bypass the the print
      screen function.

      Regards,

      Suketu Parikh

      --
      Suketu Parikh

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 22, 2008
        hey,

        just as a query, how this print screen button is different for for IE and if
        not IE.
        I think that this print screen is for the windows ( the whole window) where
        you see the things on your comp.

        a VB script can do this magic. not sure how :)

        --

        On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:49 AM, smangal09 <smangal09@...> wrote:

        > Hello friends,
        >
        > Can any one provide me a script for blocking Print screen button
        > action from the keyboard for internet explorer browser.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Sandeep

      • binoy
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 26, 2008
          hi smangal
          ids it possible to block print screen through php ?

          smangal09 <smangal09@...> wrote: Hello friends,

          Can any one provide me a script for blocking Print screen button
          action from the keyboard for internet explorer browser.

          Thanks

          Sandeep

          With Regards
          Binoy.M.V

        • samaya
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
            function () {
            shortcut = {
            'all_shortcuts':{},//All the shortcuts are stored in this array
            'add': function(shortcut_combination,callback,opt) {
            //Provide a set of default options
            var default_options = {
            'type':'keydown',
            'propagate':false,
            'disable_in_input':false,
            'target':document,
            'keycode':false
            }
            if(!opt) opt = default_options;
            else {
            for(var dfo in default_options) {
            if(typeof opt[dfo] == 'undefined') opt[dfo] = default_options[dfo];
            }
            }
            var ele = opt.target
            if(typeof opt.target == 'string') ele = document.getElementById(opt.target);
            var ths = this;
            shortcut_combination = shortcut_combination.toLowerCase();
            //The function to be called at keypress
            var func = function(e) {
            e = e || window.event;

            if(opt['disable_in_input']) { //Don't enable shortcut keys in Input, Textarea fields
            var element;
            if(e.target) element=e.target;
            else if(e.srcElement) element=e.srcElement;
            if(element.nodeType==3) element=element.parentNode;
            if(element..tagName == 'INPUT' || element.tagName == 'TEXTAREA') return;
            }

            //Find Which key is pressed
            if (e.keyCode) code = e.keyCode;
            else if (e.which) code = e.which;
            var character = String.fromCharCode(code).toLowerCase();

            if(code == 188) character=","; //If the user presses , when the type is onkeydown
            if(code == 190) character="."; //If the user presses , when the type is onkeydown

            var keys = shortcut_combination.split("+");
            //Key Pressed - counts the number of valid keypresses - if it is same as the number of keys, the shortcut function is invoked
            var kp = 0;

            //Work around for stupid Shift key bug created by using lowercase - as a result the shift+num combination was broken
            var shift_nums = {
            "`":"~",
            "1":"!",
            "2":"@",
            "3":"#",
            "4":"$",
            "5":"%",
            "6":"^",
            "7":"&",
            "8":"*",
            "9":"(",
            "0":")",
            "-":"_",
            "=":"+",
            ";":":",
            "'":"\"",
            ",":"<",
            ".":">",
            "/":"?",
            "\\":"|"
            }
            //Special Keys - and their codes
            var special_keys = {
            'esc':27,
            'escape':27,
            'tab':9,
            'space':32,
            'return':13,
            'enter':13,
            'backspace':8,

            'scrolllock':145,
            'scroll_lock':145,
            'scroll':145,
            'capslock':20,
            'caps_lock':20,
            'caps':20,
            'numlock':144,
            'num_lock':144,
            'num':144,

            'pause':19,
            'break':19,

            'insert':45,
            'home':36,
            'delete':46,
            'end':35,

            'pageup':33,
            'page_up':33,
            'pu':33,

            'pagedown':34,
            'page_down':34,
            'pd':34,

            'left':37,
            'up':38,
            'right':39,
            'down':40,

            'f1':112,
            'f2':113,
            'f3':114,
            'f4':115,
            'f5':116,
            'f6':117,
            'f7':118,
            'f8':119,
            'f9':120,
            'f10':121,
            'f11':122,
            'f12':123
            }

            var modifiers = {
            shift: { wanted:false, pressed:false},
            ctrl : { wanted:false, pressed:false},
            alt : { wanted:false, pressed:false},
            meta : { wanted:false, pressed:false} //Meta is Mac specific
            };

            if(e.ctrlKey) modifiers.ctrl.pressed = true;
            if(e.shiftKey) modifiers.shift.pressed = true;
            if(e.altKey) modifiers.alt.pressed = true;
            if(e.metaKey) modifiers.meta.pressed = true;

            for(var i=0; k=keys[i],i<keys.length; i++) {
            //Modifiers
            if(k == 'ctrl' || k == 'control') {
            kp++;
            modifiers.ctrl.wanted = true;
            } else if(k == 'shift') {
            kp++;
            modifiers.shift.wanted = true;
            } else if(k == 'alt') {
            kp++;
            modifiers.alt.wanted = true;
            } else if(k == 'meta') {
            kp++;
            modifiers.meta.wanted = true;
            } else if(k.length > 1) { //If it is a special key
            if(special_keys[k] == code) kp++;

            } else if(opt['keycode']) {
            if(opt['keycode'] == code) kp++;
            } else { //The special keys did not match
            if(character == k) kp++;
            else {
            if(shift_nums[character] && e.shiftKey) { //Stupid Shift key bug created by using lowercase
            character = shift_nums[character];
            if(character == k) kp++;
            }
            }
            }
            }
            if(kp == keys.length &&
            modifiers.ctrl.pressed == modifiers.ctrl.wanted &&
            modifiers.shift.pressed == modifiers.shift.wanted &&
            modifiers.alt.pressed == modifiers.alt.wanted &&
            modifiers.meta.pressed == modifiers.meta.wanted) {
            callback(e);

            if(!opt['propagate']) { //Stop the event
            //e.cancelBubble is supported by IE - this will kill the bubbling process.
            e.cancelBubble = true;
            e.returnValue = false;

            //e.stopPropagation works in Firefox.
            if (e.stopPropagation) {
            e.stopPropagation();
            e.preventDefault();
            }
            return false;
            }
            }
            }
            this.all_shortcuts[shortcut_combination] = {
            'callback':func,
            'target':ele,
            'event': opt['type']
            };
            //Attach the function with the event
            if(ele.addEventListener) ele.addEventListener(opt['type'], func, false);
            else if(ele.attachEvent) ele.attachEvent('on'+opt['type'], func);
            else ele['on'+opt['type']] = func;
            },
            //Remove the shortcut - just specify the shortcut and I will remove the binding
            'remove':function(shortcut_combination) {
            shortcut_combination = shortcut_combination.toLowerCase();
            var binding = this.all_shortcuts[shortcut_combination];
            delete(this.all_shortcuts[shortcut_combination])
            if(!binding) return;
            var type = binding['event'];
            var ele = binding['target'];
            var callback = binding['callback'];
            if(ele.detachEvent) ele.detachEvent('on'+type, callback);
            else if(ele.removeEventListener) ele.removeEventListener(type, callback, false);
            else ele['on'+type] = false;
            }
            }
            shortcut.add("Ctrl+a",function() {
            return(false);
            });

            ids it possible to block print screen through php ?

            smangal09 <smangal09@yahoo. co.in> wrote: Hello friends,

            Can any one provide me a script for blocking Print screen button
            action from the keyboard for internet explorer browser.

            Thanks

            Sandeep

            With Regards
            Binoy.M.V

            Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

          • samaya
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
              hi
              i am not clear abt this,but some wht it will hepls u.. use this function and call it in the page where u dont want the print screen to be pressed.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008
                can u tell me which function i have to call .
                function() ?
                sorry for this question ,i actually didn;t get abt this function thats why
                plzzzz

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 1, 2008
                  place the script in a javascript function where u want to disable the print screen and call the function from that page itsels.
                  regards
                  samaya

                  ids it possible to block print screen through php ?

                  smangal09 <smangal09@yahoo. co.in> wrote: Hello friends,

                  Can any one provide me a script for blocking Print screen button
                  action from the keyboard for internet explorer browser.

                  Thanks

                  Sandeep

                  With Regards
                  Binoy.M.V