Script for blocking prt screen action in IE

  • smangal09
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 21, 2008
      Hello friends,

      Can any one provide me a script for blocking Print screen button
      action from the keyboard for internet explorer browser.

      Thanks

      Sandeep
    • Suketu S Parikh
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 21, 2008
        Hi Sandeep,

        I believe that you can track print screen key and bypass the the print
        screen function.

        Regards,

        Suketu Parikh

        --
        Suketu Parikh

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 22, 2008
          hey,

          just as a query, how this print screen button is different for for IE and if
          not IE.
          I think that this print screen is for the windows ( the whole window) where
          you see the things on your comp.

          a VB script can do this magic. not sure how :)

          --

          On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:49 AM, smangal09 <smangal09@...> wrote:

          > Hello friends,
          >
          > Can any one provide me a script for blocking Print screen button
          > action from the keyboard for internet explorer browser.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Sandeep

        • binoy
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 26, 2008
            hi smangal
            ids it possible to block print screen through php ?

            smangal09 <smangal09@...> wrote: Hello friends,

            Can any one provide me a script for blocking Print screen button
            action from the keyboard for internet explorer browser.

            Thanks

            Sandeep

            With Regards
            Binoy.M.V

          • samaya
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
              function () {
              shortcut = {
              'all_shortcuts':{},//All the shortcuts are stored in this array
              'add': function(shortcut_combination,callback,opt) {
              //Provide a set of default options
              var default_options = {
              'type':'keydown',
              'propagate':false,
              'disable_in_input':false,
              'target':document,
              'keycode':false
              }
              if(!opt) opt = default_options;
              else {
              for(var dfo in default_options) {
              if(typeof opt[dfo] == 'undefined') opt[dfo] = default_options[dfo];
              }
              }
              var ele = opt.target
              if(typeof opt.target == 'string') ele = document.getElementById(opt.target);
              var ths = this;
              shortcut_combination = shortcut_combination.toLowerCase();
              //The function to be called at keypress
              var func = function(e) {
              e = e || window.event;

              if(opt['disable_in_input']) { //Don't enable shortcut keys in Input, Textarea fields
              var element;
              if(e.target) element=e.target;
              else if(e.srcElement) element=e.srcElement;
              if(element.nodeType==3) element=element.parentNode;
              if(element..tagName == 'INPUT' || element.tagName == 'TEXTAREA') return;
              }

              //Find Which key is pressed
              if (e.keyCode) code = e.keyCode;
              else if (e.which) code = e.which;
              var character = String.fromCharCode(code).toLowerCase();

              if(code == 188) character=","; //If the user presses , when the type is onkeydown
              if(code == 190) character="."; //If the user presses , when the type is onkeydown

              var keys = shortcut_combination.split("+");
              //Key Pressed - counts the number of valid keypresses - if it is same as the number of keys, the shortcut function is invoked
              var kp = 0;

              //Work around for stupid Shift key bug created by using lowercase - as a result the shift+num combination was broken
              var shift_nums = {
              "`":"~",
              "1":"!",
              "2":"@",
              "3":"#",
              "4":"$",
              "5":"%",
              "6":"^",
              "7":"&",
              "8":"*",
              "9":"(",
              "0":")",
              "-":"_",
              "=":"+",
              ";":":",
              "'":"\"",
              ",":"<",
              ".":">",
              "/":"?",
              "\\":"|"
              }
              //Special Keys - and their codes
              var special_keys = {
              'esc':27,
              'escape':27,
              'tab':9,
              'space':32,
              'return':13,
              'enter':13,
              'backspace':8,

              'scrolllock':145,
              'scroll_lock':145,
              'scroll':145,
              'capslock':20,
              'caps_lock':20,
              'caps':20,
              'numlock':144,
              'num_lock':144,
              'num':144,

              'pause':19,
              'break':19,

              'insert':45,
              'home':36,
              'delete':46,
              'end':35,

              'pageup':33,
              'page_up':33,
              'pu':33,

              'pagedown':34,
              'page_down':34,
              'pd':34,

              'left':37,
              'up':38,
              'right':39,
              'down':40,

              'f1':112,
              'f2':113,
              'f3':114,
              'f4':115,
              'f5':116,
              'f6':117,
              'f7':118,
              'f8':119,
              'f9':120,
              'f10':121,
              'f11':122,
              'f12':123
              }

              var modifiers = {
              shift: { wanted:false, pressed:false},
              ctrl : { wanted:false, pressed:false},
              alt : { wanted:false, pressed:false},
              meta : { wanted:false, pressed:false} //Meta is Mac specific
              };

              if(e.ctrlKey) modifiers.ctrl.pressed = true;
              if(e.shiftKey) modifiers.shift.pressed = true;
              if(e.altKey) modifiers.alt.pressed = true;
              if(e.metaKey) modifiers.meta.pressed = true;

              for(var i=0; k=keys[i],i<keys.length; i++) {
              //Modifiers
              if(k == 'ctrl' || k == 'control') {
              kp++;
              modifiers.ctrl.wanted = true;
              } else if(k == 'shift') {
              kp++;
              modifiers.shift.wanted = true;
              } else if(k == 'alt') {
              kp++;
              modifiers.alt.wanted = true;
              } else if(k == 'meta') {
              kp++;
              modifiers.meta.wanted = true;
              } else if(k.length > 1) { //If it is a special key
              if(special_keys[k] == code) kp++;

              } else if(opt['keycode']) {
              if(opt['keycode'] == code) kp++;
              } else { //The special keys did not match
              if(character == k) kp++;
              else {
              if(shift_nums[character] && e.shiftKey) { //Stupid Shift key bug created by using lowercase
              character = shift_nums[character];
              if(character == k) kp++;
              }
              }
              }
              }
              if(kp == keys.length &&
              modifiers.ctrl.pressed == modifiers.ctrl.wanted &&
              modifiers.shift.pressed == modifiers.shift.wanted &&
              modifiers.alt.pressed == modifiers.alt.wanted &&
              modifiers.meta.pressed == modifiers.meta.wanted) {
              callback(e);

              if(!opt['propagate']) { //Stop the event
              //e.cancelBubble is supported by IE - this will kill the bubbling process.
              e.cancelBubble = true;
              e.returnValue = false;

              //e.stopPropagation works in Firefox.
              if (e.stopPropagation) {
              e.stopPropagation();
              e.preventDefault();
              }
              return false;
              }
              }
              }
              this.all_shortcuts[shortcut_combination] = {
              'callback':func,
              'target':ele,
              'event': opt['type']
              };
              //Attach the function with the event
              if(ele.addEventListener) ele.addEventListener(opt['type'], func, false);
              else if(ele.attachEvent) ele.attachEvent('on'+opt['type'], func);
              else ele['on'+opt['type']] = func;
              },
              //Remove the shortcut - just specify the shortcut and I will remove the binding
              'remove':function(shortcut_combination) {
              shortcut_combination = shortcut_combination.toLowerCase();
              var binding = this.all_shortcuts[shortcut_combination];
              delete(this.all_shortcuts[shortcut_combination])
              if(!binding) return;
              var type = binding['event'];
              var ele = binding['target'];
              var callback = binding['callback'];
              if(ele.detachEvent) ele.detachEvent('on'+type, callback);
              else if(ele.removeEventListener) ele.removeEventListener(type, callback, false);
              else ele['on'+type] = false;
              }
              }
              shortcut.add("Ctrl+a",function() {
              return(false);
              });

              ids it possible to block print screen through php ?

              smangal09 <smangal09@yahoo. co.in> wrote: Hello friends,

              Can any one provide me a script for blocking Print screen button
              action from the keyboard for internet explorer browser.

              Thanks

              Sandeep

              With Regards
              Binoy.M.V

              Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

            • samaya
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
                hi
                i am not clear abt this,but some wht it will hepls u.. use this function and call it in the page where u dont want the print screen to be pressed.

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008
                  can u tell me which function i have to call .
                  function() ?
                  sorry for this question ,i actually didn;t get abt this function thats why
                  plzzzz

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 1, 2008
                    place the script in a javascript function where u want to disable the print screen and call the function from that page itsels.
                    regards
                    samaya

                    ids it possible to block print screen through php ?

                    smangal09 <smangal09@yahoo. co.in> wrote: Hello friends,

                    Can any one provide me a script for blocking Print screen button
                    action from the keyboard for internet explorer browser.

                    Thanks

                    Sandeep

                    With Regards
                    Binoy.M.V