REG: Start named or httpd service in php of linux system

  • ravi chandran
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2008
      Hi Friends,
      Any body please help me how to start external program (httpd, named) of inux in php. I tried system, exec, passthro command, for example exec("service named start"); But i couldnt make it out. Your help will be greatful.

      Regards,
      Ravi

      Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2008
        Starting external services like httpd and named may not be possible though
        php, since the user the php process is running under may not have
        permissions to start these services. The services you've mentioned have to
        be started as a super user.

        [image: My Blog] <http://blogs.vinuthomas.com>
        [image: My Home Page] <http://www.vinuthomas.com>