how to set a counter

  • smangal09
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2008
      Hello every one,
      Can anybody provide me a script and guide me how to set a counter for
      a video to find the number of viewers.

      Thanks,
      Sandeep
    • Harsha M V
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
        when the player calls for the video file use a db connection which will
        count every time a files is called..
        this is only by logic am telling...

        --
        Harsha M V
        {http://hmv.co.in}

      • Harsha M V
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
          yes have a column in the db for count...
          after the call for the video file make sure u update the count with some
          thing like this

          UPDATE video SET hits=hits+1 WHERE id='1'
          here id will be the videos id
          hits is the number of views..

          --
          Harsha M V