Re: [bang-phpug] web service in php

  • binoy
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2008
      Hi Every one,
      I want to write a web service.
      server is php and cleint is .net.

      my requirement is that i want to return product list (all the product or single product -- that depend on the id we are getting from client machine ) from an oscommerce site.the client is .net and the server is php.

      Actually i dont know anything abt the webservices. Can anybody help me.

      With Regards
      Binoy.M.V

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
        Binoy,

        You can take a look at implementing a SOAP based webservice in PHP.
        This webservice can be called from any other client irrespective of
        the platform. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOAP)

        If you're running on PHP5, you can use the in-build soap functions to
        create your SOAP server (http://in2.php.net/soap). If you're running
        on PHP4, you can take a lookat nuSOAP.
        PHP 5 SOAP Tutorial: http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/689
        PHP4 NuSOAP Tutorial: