Re: [bang-phpug] web service in php

  • Harsha M V
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2008
      can u be more specific wht kind of web service you like

      On Feb 4, 2008 4:47 PM, binoy <binoymvee@...> wrote:

      > hi everybody
      > can anybody tell me abt the web services in php.
      >
      > With Regards
      > Binoy.M.V

      Harsha M V
      {http://hmv.co.in}

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2008
        hello,

        first you need to brushUP on the basics -
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_service
        now in the other mail, you have written that you wanna talk between php and
        .net.

        so the first q. is who is service requester ( web service client ) and who
        is service provider. ( web service server )

        so acc. to that you have to build your application that who will serve the
        result and who will request for query.

        If your server is .net based and you wanna call the request from php then
        you can use this example. -
        http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/ws_use.asp

        and if you server is in php and you are sendin call from .net then you can
        do this with php SOAP server or NuSOAP.

        You need to do some more googling. :)

        --
        Vande Matram.

        On Feb 4, 2008 7:16 PM, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

        > can u be more specific wht kind of web service you like
        >

        > On Feb 4, 2008 4:47 PM, binoy <binoymvee@...<binoymvee%40yahoo.co.in>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > hi everybody
        > > can anybody tell me abt the web services in php.
        > >
        > > With Regards
        > > Binoy.M.V

        > Harsha M V
        > {http://hmv.co.in}

      • binoy
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2008
          thanks ganu and harsha..
          let me try with this ..

          ganu.ullu@... wrote: hello,

          first you need to brushUP on the basics -
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_service
          now in the other mail, you have written that you wanna talk between php and
          .net.

          so the first q. is who is service requester ( web service client ) and who
          is service provider. ( web service server )

          so acc. to that you have to build your application that who will serve the
          result and who will request for query.

          If your server is .net based and you wanna call the request from php then
          you can use this example. -
          http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/ws_use.asp

          and if you server is in php and you are sendin call from .net then you can
          do this with php SOAP server or NuSOAP.

          You need to do some more googling. :)

          --
          Vande Matram.

          On Feb 4, 2008 7:16 PM, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

          > can u be more specific wht kind of web service you like
          >

          > On Feb 4, 2008 4:47 PM, binoy <binoymvee@...<binoymvee%40yahoo.co.in>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > hi everybody
          > > can anybody tell me abt the web services in php.
          > >
          > > With Regards
          > > Binoy.M.V

          > Harsha M V
          > {http://hmv.co.in}

          With Regards
          Binoy.M.V

        • binoy
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2008
            Hi Every one,
            I want to write a web service.
            server is php and cleint is .net.

            my requirement is that i want to return product list (all the product or single product -- that depend on the id we are getting from client machine ) from an oscommerce site.the client is .net and the server is php.

            Actually i dont know anything abt the webservices. Can anybody help me.

            With Regards
            Binoy.M.V

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
              Binoy,

              You can take a look at implementing a SOAP based webservice in PHP.
              This webservice can be called from any other client irrespective of
              the platform. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOAP)

              If you're running on PHP5, you can use the in-build soap functions to
              create your SOAP server (http://in2.php.net/soap). If you're running
              on PHP4, you can take a lookat nuSOAP.
              PHP 5 SOAP Tutorial: http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/689
              PHP4 NuSOAP Tutorial: