web service in php

  • binoy
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4 3:17 AM
      hi everybody
      can anybody tell me abt the web services in php.

      With Regards
      Binoy.M.V

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4 5:46 AM
        can u be more specific wht kind of web service you like

        On Feb 4, 2008 4:47 PM, binoy <binoymvee@...> wrote:

        > hi everybody
        > can anybody tell me abt the web services in php.
        >
        > With Regards
        > Binoy.M.V

        Harsha M V
        {http://hmv.co.in}

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4 10:08 AM
          hello,

          first you need to brushUP on the basics -
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_service
          now in the other mail, you have written that you wanna talk between php and
          .net.

          so the first q. is who is service requester ( web service client ) and who
          is service provider. ( web service server )

          so acc. to that you have to build your application that who will serve the
          result and who will request for query.

          If your server is .net based and you wanna call the request from php then
          you can use this example. -
          http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/ws_use.asp

          and if you server is in php and you are sendin call from .net then you can
          do this with php SOAP server or NuSOAP.

          You need to do some more googling. :)

          --
          Vande Matram.

          On Feb 4, 2008 7:16 PM, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

          > can u be more specific wht kind of web service you like
          >

          > On Feb 4, 2008 4:47 PM, binoy <binoymvee@...<binoymvee%40yahoo.co.in>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > hi everybody
          > > can anybody tell me abt the web services in php.
          > >
          > > With Regards
          > > Binoy.M.V

          > Harsha M V
          > {http://hmv.co.in}

        • binoy
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4 7:49 PM
            thanks ganu and harsha..
            let me try with this ..

            ganu.ullu@... wrote: hello,

            first you need to brushUP on the basics -
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_service
            now in the other mail, you have written that you wanna talk between php and
            .net.

            so the first q. is who is service requester ( web service client ) and who
            is service provider. ( web service server )

            so acc. to that you have to build your application that who will serve the
            result and who will request for query.

            If your server is .net based and you wanna call the request from php then
            you can use this example. -
            http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/ws_use.asp

            and if you server is in php and you are sendin call from .net then you can
            do this with php SOAP server or NuSOAP.

            You need to do some more googling. :)

            --
            Vande Matram.

            On Feb 4, 2008 7:16 PM, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

            > can u be more specific wht kind of web service you like
            >

            > On Feb 4, 2008 4:47 PM, binoy <binoymvee@...<binoymvee%40yahoo.co.in>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > hi everybody
            > > can anybody tell me abt the web services in php.
            > >
            > > With Regards
            > > Binoy.M.V

            > Harsha M V
            > {http://hmv.co.in}

            With Regards
            Binoy.M.V

          • binoy
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4 10:39 PM
              Hi Every one,
              I want to write a web service.
              server is php and cleint is .net.

              my requirement is that i want to return product list (all the product or single product -- that depend on the id we are getting from client machine ) from an oscommerce site.the client is .net and the server is php.

              Actually i dont know anything abt the webservices. Can anybody help me.

              With Regards
              Binoy.M.V

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5 12:28 AM
                Binoy,

                You can take a look at implementing a SOAP based webservice in PHP.
                This webservice can be called from any other client irrespective of
                the platform. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOAP)

                If you're running on PHP5, you can use the in-build soap functions to
                create your SOAP server (http://in2.php.net/soap). If you're running
                on PHP4, you can take a lookat nuSOAP.
                PHP 5 SOAP Tutorial: http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/689
                PHP4 NuSOAP Tutorial: